Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which LCA's should I go with?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:47 AM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Default Which LCA's should I go with?

I'm contemplating which LCA's I should order. The budget calls for either the BMR TCA019's or the J&M 23861B's. I like that the BMR's have the bushings pre-assembled, and you just have to grease them, but I kind of like the look of tubular LCA's such as the J&M. Any pros/cons of the two?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:36 PM
vasman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kingsofcrunk
I'm contemplating which LCA's I should order. The budget calls for either the BMR TCA019's or the J&M 23861B's. I like that the BMR's have the bushings pre-assembled, and you just have to grease them, but I kind of like the look of tubular LCA's such as the J&M. Any pros/cons of the two?
I have the BMRs. They are great on a DD. Minor increase on noise if at all.
Greasing very easy. (basically every oilchange, although using the synthetic grease, I am not so sure it needs it that often.) Need a grease gun with flexible hose. (do not take one with rigid it will be difficult to get the back nipples....)
Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

You really can't go wrong with either.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Not sure if you have ever checked out the spohn lowers, but they are a good choice too.
http://www.spohn.net/shop/2005-2008-...-Control-Arms/
Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Here are some more GREAT choices. Espesscialy if on a budget, but honestly, I used a set of these on another car and liked them better then the BMRs I put on my own car. Super high quality, very nice.

http://www.spohn.net/shop/2005-2008-...-Control-Arms/
Old 01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

lol, I opened up like 5 windows at once and this is the last one I got to. Were thinking the same Americaniron
Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Is it just 1-2 pumps when you grease them? Thanks for reccomending spohn. I've never heard of 'em, and it looks like they carry good stuff.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:55 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Hi, Just wanted to say I have the Spohn and I love the setup. I have the spherical rod ends and i am completely happy. A lot of people tried to discourage me from getting them stateing they were going to be noisey and rough but they arnt and I love how the car handles.There the black ones theres a drop down window since they offer them in red too. You can pretty much build your pieces the way you want. Nice quality.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpeedingBullitt
Hi, Just wanted to say I have the Spohn and I love the setup. I have the spherical rod ends and i am completely happy. A lot of people tried to discourage me from getting them stateing they were going to be noisey and rough but they arnt and I love how the car handles.There the black ones theres a drop down window since they offer them in red too. You can pretty much build your pieces the way you want. Nice quality.

What she means is hers are Del-sphere poly combos, but other then that what she said ;-)
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Im up for the BMR's...but about greasing my instructions said to grease after the first 500 on the car and then every oter oil change after that.

I love mine and i have the Poly/ rod end combo from BMR

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which LCA's should I go with?