Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Brenspeed experience...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

Default My Brenspeed experience...

Well I finally installed my Airaid CAI (bought used from a MF forum member) and installed the Brenspeed 87 tune.

Well at first I was extremely dissapointed. The car would idle extremely rough at 500 or below and then stall. I searched the forums and did things like disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to let the computer reset...didnt work.

So today I called Brenspeed and sopke with Chandler. He first told me to wipe the throtle body to make sure it didnt have any oil on it because a custom tune is very sensitive to that. No dice. I called him back (an he is very easy to get in touch with) and he looked up my order. He asked me if I had the insert installed in the air inlet of the CAI. I did not becuase according to the Airaid install instructions you should only remove the insert if you have a one off custom tune, which I did. Chandler tole me to install the insert because unless you have mods that require more air they write the tune with the insert installed. He did offer to write me another tune with the insert off. He told me that with my mods the extra air wouldn't help any.

So I install the insert and bam everything is perfect. So I take it for a drive and ..WOW!!! Its like a whole new car. I spun the tires out of first and I wasnt even trying to. I chirped the wheels in second and again wasn't trying to. I am 100% satisified with the tune and the excellent customer service I recieved.

If you are contemplating spending the money on a tune I can tell you..STOP, its completely worth every penny. Can't wait to try the 93 tune. I am now completely infected with the mod virus and am already contemplating my next mod.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Congrats, Brenspeed is definately top notch.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

omg, I can't wait to try my Brenspeed experience lol. I got my tuner waiting in it's box. Hopefully I get to play with it this weekend!! Glad to know they have great customer service to get things working.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Congratulations, have fun!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

Their 93 Octane tune is even better. 93 octane gas is only about $5 to $6 more per tank. Just something to think about.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

You'll find that each tune may have it's own "character". My 93 tune pulls harder in the higher RPM range than my 89 tune which pulls harder in the low and mid ranges. I like my 89 tune and run it about 99% of the time for my style of driving.

FYI, don't be surprised if you find less of a difference between your custom 87 and 93 tunes than you found between the stock 87 and custom 87.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:19 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

I'm happy with their 92 octane tune with my jlt.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

My brenspeed tune has been awesome. I have noticed ONE area that I may contact them about. I love how sensitive the throttle is now, but at times it is almost to sensitive. Our roads here are pretty bad thanks to crappy weather and retards with studded snow tires. When accelerating with about 1/4 throttle if the car hits a few road "irregularities" the car starts bucking pretty badly. Makes me feel like a moron who cant drive his car. I may have them dial the sensitivity back abit. Other than that, I LOVE IT!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 PM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
omg, I can't wait to try my Brenspeed experience lol. I got my tuner waiting in it's box. Hopefully I get to play with it this weekend!! Glad to know they have great customer service to get things working.
I couldn't wait. I got home form work at about 7pm the other night and saw the box. I immediately went into the garage and installed the tune, after watching the how to video on Brenspeed's website. I knew I wasn't going to drive it that night but just couldn't wait to at least install it.

You will not be dissapointed!!! Post your results when you get it done.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
My brenspeed tune has been awesome. I have noticed ONE area that I may contact them about. I love how sensitive the throttle is now, but at times it is almost to sensitive. Our roads here are pretty bad thanks to crappy weather and retards with studded snow tires. When accelerating with about 1/4 throttle if the car hits a few road "irregularities" the car starts bucking pretty badly. Makes me feel like a moron who cant drive his car. I may have them dial the sensitivity back abit. Other than that, I LOVE IT!!
congrats to the OP.....bluoval, try the tillman 93 all out or track tune....glad the tuner worked out for you
jason

Quick Reply: My Brenspeed experience...