Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It will look alot nicer once the snow goes away

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Default It will look alot nicer once the snow goes away

Gotta drive it anyway, its my wheels, and the wife aint coughing up her car for my whims. So, its only 10 days old (to me), and it filthy. Normally I enjoy the winter weather, but I am so looking fwd to spring!! It will get a bath soon, and I will post more.

Mods, forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post pics.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:21 AM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I like it! Do the Jerry's like it?
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
I like it! Do the Jerry's like it?
I can tell they don't see a mustang very often

I have already had two occasions where a German "challenged" me, kind of.

Today after attending a school function my youngest kid was participating in, I was driving back to the office; about 12 miles. On a piece of restricted 4 lane, I was behind a slower car in the left, but a third left lane was opening ahead. This German spec C Classe was on my bumper, and I knew he was gonna try cross the solid white (illegal in Germany) to get the fast lane before me. Well, I couldn't allow that, so I hit it hard in third from about 65 MPH. He hung with me about 4 car lengths up till about 110, then I backed out of it. He passed with a big smile and a thumbs up.

Sunday, on the way back from Kaiserslautern, which is about 125 miles, I had a SLK350 want to play. We were in a restricted zone at 120 KPH, but we both knew the unsrestricted zone was just ahead. He was right on my tail, not allowing any other traffic to get between me and him. It was obvious. As soon as we passed the no restriction sign, I downshifted into 4th and nailed it. I pushed it all the way to 140, but could not shake the little Benz. He gave the customary signal, left blinker, telling me to move over.. holy shat. He had the advantage because he started his acceleration before I did, and had momentum. I let him pass but fell in behind. Eventually, a slower car took the left lane and slowed us. As soon as the slower traffic moved over, I was ready. We both nailed it and I accelerated with him till I hit the speed limiter, which BTW, is 238 KPH according to my Tom Tom. We cruised together at a more "sane" 120-125 MPH until we got into Stuttgart, where we acknowleged each other with a nod and wave and went our on way. It was a blast, and totally legal. Maybe not the the most responsible thing to do though, as some would argue. I have been passed by Porsches, BMW 7 series, MB S Class', and all kinds of Audi's at higher speeds than that. My kid got a cool HD mini cam for Christmas. I will take it out next road trip with a passenger and hopefully get some good footage to share.

Got home and looked up the specs on that little MB SLK350. 305 HP with a curb weight of 3200 lbs. Its a little rocket, but MBUSA claims 5.4 sec 0-60.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:14 AM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Just realized I forgot to turn on Auto Focus on my camera. I turned it off to get a decent nighttime exposure a couple of days ago
Old 01-27-2010, 09:19 AM
scapegoat
2nd Gear Member

love love love the interior. beautiful. i'm looking at moving to germany in a few years and bringing the stang along... glad to hear the locals are digging it haha
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Nice combo. Congrats! Sounds like you are already having lots of fun with it.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Nice ride. Brave for posting some pictures of her dirty

Love the stories btw. I like how the stang gets respect.

Any mods in your future?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:12 AM
CB617
1st Gear Member

Great stories thanks for sharing. I would love to drive over there. Not just the lack of speed limit, but people know how to drive.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:33 PM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lv XLR8N
Nice ride. Brave for posting some pictures of her dirty

Love the stories btw. I like how the stang gets respect.

Any mods in your future?
LOL I know, I have been dying to post pictures but the weather has been relentless for like a month now. We don't get the big snow like Michigan and upstate New York, but enough for the Germans to salt the heck out of the roads at the first sign of a flurry. I finally gave in, and damn the critics. I will clean her up soon and take more. My 14 year old has agreed to take vid/photos of some burnouts in the spring, and we are going to vid some Autobahn footage.

** Just read we are expecting a foot+ over the next three days.. Damn! At least its good for skiing**

Last edited by USAF in Germany; 01-27-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM
USAF in Germany
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scapegoat
love love love the interior. beautiful. i'm looking at moving to germany in a few years and bringing the stang along... glad to hear the locals are digging it haha
Thx man, it was actually my wife's idea. I wanted black interior but she wanted a vote on at least one aspect of the order. gotta say, I'm glad she weighed in, I like it!

Definately bring your Stang if/when you come, nothing like driving the car to its potential

Quick Reply: It will look alot nicer once the snow goes away