Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OC Stang meets Median in snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

That's why it's worth it to get a POS beater for that kind of weather. It just isn't worth driving a car that you cherish so much in that kind of weather. Fortunately you didn't do any damage, or so it appears.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:24 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

we haven't had weather like this in so long that it hadn't crossed my mind... lol... i have been thinking about getting another car, just something cheap that will get me from point a to b... that way i can start a project and just leave the car in the garage if i don't finish it... so i'm not forced to take time away from everything to make sure it all gets done at one time... and now with this little incident, it gives me even more incentive... lol
Old 01-30-2010, 10:49 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

It's the other drivers that I am concerned with. Too many idiots out there with their heads in their rears.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:18 PM
MR_Q
1st Gear Member

Parking lots can be a bit tricky in ice, lol. A few years back when my winter beater died, I had to take the camaro to school. The parking lot was covered in ice to the point you could skate on it. It was also banked. So I pulled in and parked just fine, but when it came to leave, I couldnt get the traction to back UP the banked parking lot to leave. Finally I got a friend to push it for me. But then I had to drive along the bank between the rows of cars to get to the exit. I had to ride the clutch JUST right to keep the tires from breaking lose, and causing the back end to slide down into one of the cars. It slipped a few times, and came within inches of another car. It was tense, lol.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by thewarmachine
It's the other drivers that I am concerned with. Too many idiots out there with their heads in their rears.
I actually seen a mustang chugging along pretty fast on the highway yesterday.. and the roads were covered in snow. I didn't even dare drive that fast in an SUV. Either they had great confidence in their skills or they never wiped out in a rwd before.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:20 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Yea, coming back from harford community college I bit it pretty hard and ended up in a ditch, after doing a couple of FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU 360's. Bunch of heavy branches from "bushes" on the bank were hitting the car and I was just like, sigh.... But I entered the ditch backwards and it slid to a halt with one tire not on the ground. But thanks to the t-loc and some back and forth action, got her home. It truly was a miracle I got it out. Gonna go inspect for damage right now!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NuclearMuscle523
Yea, coming back from harford community college I bit it pretty hard and ended up in a ditch, after doing a couple of FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU 360's. Bunch of heavy branches from "bushes" on the bank were hitting the car and I was just like, sigh.... But I entered the ditch backwards and it slid to a halt with one tire not on the ground. But thanks to the t-loc and some back and forth action, got her home. It truly was a miracle I got it out. Gonna go inspect for damage right now!
Ouch, glad you made it home safe. Pretty scary, sounds like you could of done a rollover I know what you mean about those tree branches or obstacles.. I'm sure you felt your heart break a little piece at a time when you heard it rub against your car.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

So I went and got the Stang today... good news... parking in that parking spot was a good idea... it got direct sunlight all day today and there was no snow or ice on the car and the ice that was underneath took all of 5 minutes to melt after I started her up... made it home without a problem and the roads are starting to clear now
Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I actually seen a mustang chugging along pretty fast on the highway yesterday.. and the roads were covered in snow. I didn't even dare drive that fast in an SUV. Either they had great confidence in their skills or they never wiped out in a rwd before.
I've seen quite a few Stangs chugging along thru the snow in my area too. One person who confounds me is a guy on my street who has a s197 convertible and a Jeep...every day this winter I've seen him tooling about in the Stang while his Jeep sits in the garage.

I'd be too afraid to go speeding along like a LOT of other inconsiderate azzclowns do...I don't care if you honk, flip me the finger, yell, scream--feel free to blow by and wrap yourself around a pole or 3.

To the OP: that ice was NASTY looking! I'd much rather have snow!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
I've seen quite a few Stangs chugging along thru the snow in my area too. One person who confounds me is a guy on my street who has a s197 convertible and a Jeep...every day this winter I've seen him tooling about in the Stang while his Jeep sits in the garage.
LOL, his jeep must be his baby then.

To OP: Glad you got your pony home. whew.

Quick Reply: OC Stang meets Median in snow