Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OC Stang meets Median in snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy OC Stang meets Median in snow

So here in northeastern NC we got hit by a pretty good little snow storm. Being so close to the Outer Banks, it isn't a common occurrence. Needless to say, the roads here not plowed nor were they salted. Well, some people have to go to work and their only car is a Mustang... lol... Here is what happens when you pull off the road into a parking lot and you don't know there is a median seperating the two lanes of the parking lot... lol

Last edited by O'Connor; 01-30-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:00 AM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Sorry to see that man. I'm here in E City too, and there is no way I'm taking the stang out in this. Hope you didn't hurt it any. Where do you work at?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:03 AM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

I work at US Cellular... so I had to make it from the other side of waterfront all the way out to the Wal-Mart shopping center... I made it to the parking lot that Zero's Subs is in... that's the median right beside Zero's
Old 01-30-2010, 11:19 AM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Ouch! that sucks. It doesn't look like this weather will be clearing at all for today either. Be careful man.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:49 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Ouch, sorry bro. Hope everything will be ok for you. I'm up in Maryland and it's snowing like a bizatch. It's probably 2x worse down there.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

i'm hear in MD also... almost got stuck in it... I was doing 25mph on 695 for an hour till I get home... now the car is going to chill for a couple days
Old 01-30-2010, 06:13 PM
rydeordie
3rd Gear Member

Yeah we got hit pretty good today here in MD. Thank goodness for my V6 Charger and 89 Suburban.....
Old 01-30-2010, 06:22 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

So... I was going to call a tow truck for them to pull my car off the median because I couldn't catch traction due to the ice... instead, I went back out there and tried it one more time... I still couldn't get enough traction to make my front wheels spin also but noticed I could grab enough to drag my front wheels sideways along the ice... took about 5 minutes of turning the wheels left and right but finally got it... backed it straight back into the parking spots right behind the median where it will stay until the ice melts some... lol

Old 01-30-2010, 06:30 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

wow yeah, in that new picture, you're gonna be stuck in an ice trap. I gotta say that's even worse than snow
Old 01-30-2010, 06:56 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

that's cool... i'd rather be stuck in ice... i can leave my car there and wait out the ice... before it was on a median... lol... not just snow... so if i left it, i would have gotten a ticket and it probably would have been towed away

Quick Reply: OC Stang meets Median in snow