Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deployed Soldiers and the Mod bug?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
mwinter501
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by distantsoldier
I just got back about 3 weeks ago from 12 months in Afghanistan... I'm pretty hard core about my ride so I dropped a fair amount into it. New shifter, new rear gears, rims, tires, rear gears, new tune...and then when I got home I started doing custom airbrush work on the underhood stuffs. All in all I think I dropped about 3.5K.

If any of ya'll want some custom airbrush work on your engine dress up I'll give you an AMAZING deal! Especially if you're from FT Drum (that's where I am).
Sorry to hear that you are stationed at Ft Drum, I was stationed in Alaska for a few years and people walked around there saying "at least we aren't at Drum"
Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i was at drum for 4 years!! climb to glory. and oh yeah, i spent over 10 stacks while at Taji, IQ. girlfriend still complains her garage looked like autozone
Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

yeh this will be my 3rd tour.. The last two i was going through a divorce and had a ****ty lawer ! So NOW that i have a great wife and she lets me mod the CRAP out of my car I plan on dropping a chunk into her or just buying a nice low mileage Roush stage 2 with SC or SC Saleen. Either way the MOD bug is evil overseas ! Once you start u kinda loose track how muich money youve really dropped into here ..HELL Look at BOOZHEY in the forum and follow his build thread right now ! LOL SOOOOOOO many new parts he "collected" while in theater! LOL
Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, FT Drum is harsh! Been here since 2000, but finally getting away. Heading to the home of the Infantry, FT Benning, for a few years. About time for a break...that was my 4th deployment!

I dropped about $4,500 into my car while overseas. The rest went into paying off the bills (bills from modding it before I left ) And that's not counting the $ into the airbrushing...but I do that myself, so allI really have into that is the cost of paint.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Hey guys,

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Although, like some say... I am not out of control and have a garage full of parts awaiting my return. Though, with many many many months to go, who knows!

The things I told myself that I was allowed to get though, are the DVD/Nav and new wheels and tires. The rest is going towards a future house. I'm hoping that with the 2010+ mustang available now, that the GT 500 front end conversion will come by a little cheaper? That among some more exterior mods is something I want to do in the future...

No more go, until I get a new engine! 4.6 can go stuff it.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I got back from Africa in Sept (and then ets'd!!). One of the first things I did when I came home was trade in my almost new Titan for my 05. Since the truck was gone I had to get rid of my 66 too cuz I could not get it to Oregon from Ft. Sill.

But now I am slowly working on the 05 as I get the money together. I love this car, but man I miss my 66.

EDIT: I did a few months at anaconda too, not a fan.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

I'm in Afghanistan right now and yeah the mod bug bit me pretty bad. I have a HUGE list of stuff I want to get.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:59 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i would love to go back to drum, maybe not the same unit but admit it, you love the watertown girls
Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

The Water Buffalos....yeah
I outsourced for my wife.
Atleast the got some semblance of a strip club here now...can I say that on here
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

ill be your wife if you let me drive that sick gt500, heh BAH for car payment, ftw

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deployed Soldiers and the Mod bug?