Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one get ear pressure from their cars?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Would any one know long v/s short tube that would help? I mean if a catted long tube would help my ears.... i mean i would have to get it. Its for my health and i would need to be in the best shape for the navy right .....
Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
Not trying to be an ***, but if you really believe your exhaust may be causing you problems that could possibly force you to reclass from a job you like, then you need to change it. If not, then maybe they should reclass you to a MOS that does not require much common sense cuz I think you might be lacking. Again, not trying to be mean, but exhaust sound aint worth that.
Not to mention that these 3V mills sound like schit when they're loud anyway, lol.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Slap the stock exhaust back on since you stated that it didn't bother you then, just to see if the problem stops.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

This site isn't exactly known for its brilliant threads, but this one takes the cake.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigray327
This site isn't exactly known for its brilliant threads, but this one takes the cake.
This site to has people who love to make others with real questions feel like a idiot. I had an honest question that thought others may have had a similar expirence on a quest to find an exhaust they liked. I guess it was only a matter of time for a comment like that, thank you for sharing.

If i had the stock cat/mid pipe i would. All i have left is my highflow set up that gave me the same problem before. But i guess i may be the only one that has this problem
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Feel free to post brilliant threads then.

This is a huge site and because of that, you'll get the bad and the good that comes with a lot of traffic.

There are few terrific threads and a few terrific people here as well, but isn't it the way it is in life anyway?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:00 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Well professor we are just sorry that not all the questions on here are to your standards.

Funny I don't see your comments on questions like "What does it take to beat a (put any car make/model here) ??
Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Mustang exhaust can't be kilin your hearing, in mu opinion anyway. I'm a retired Navy Firecontrolman Gun type, I have been arounf]d 5 inch and 16 inch from the battleship days, and have no hearing disabilities, just spelling and typing. I also hae a stroked big block Ford wit ha loose 3 inch exhust. If you are suffering hearing loss, it would be my opinion that it's from a pre-existing condition, but whatever you do, do not mention it at an entrance exam!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 PM
bigray327
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Funny I don't see your comments on questions like "What does it take to beat a (put any car make/model here) ??
Yeah, exactly, and you probably never will, since I'm over the age of 12.

So, OK, maybe I'll offer something a little more constructive. To the OP, you feel pressure on your tympanic membrane if the pressure on the outside of your ear drum is greater than the pressure of your inner ear. The human skull equalizes the two pressures on its own by the popping effect you feel when you change altitudes quickly. You can do it on your own using the Valsalva technique.

So what on your exhaust system can cause the atmosphere in the cabin to increase faster than the pressure in your inner ear can keep up? The answer is nothing, since hopefully your exhaust doesn't enter the cabin (though you haven't stated that specifically, but I'll make that assumption since you're still alive). If anything, the vents on your dashboard have more of a chance of doing that, similar to positive pressure ventilation techniques used in the fire service. But it's not that, either. You have a slight head cold, congestion, or inner ear infection. You're noticing it because your tympanic membrane is a little more sensative than it usually is.

But if you don't believe me, please, by all means feel free to spend hundreds of dollars swapping out your exhaust, wheels, transmission, door handles, etc.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Yeah, exactly, and you probably never will, since I'm over the age of 12.

So, OK, maybe I'll offer something a little more constructive. To the OP, you feel pressure on your tympanic membrane if the pressure on the outside of your ear drum is greater than the pressure of your inner ear. The human skull equalizes the two pressures on its own by the popping effect you feel when you change altitudes quickly. You can do it on your own using the Valsalva technique.

So what on your exhaust system can cause the atmosphere in the cabin to increase faster than the pressure in your inner ear can keep up? The answer is nothing, since hopefully your exhaust doesn't enter the cabin (though you haven't stated that specifically, but I'll make that assumption since you're still alive). If anything, the vents on your dashboard have more of a chance of doing that, similar to positive pressure ventilation techniques used in the fire service. But it's not that, either. You have a slight head cold, congestion, or inner ear infection. You're noticing it because your tympanic membrane is a little more sensative than it usually is.

But if you don't believe me, please, by all means feel free to spend hundreds of dollars swapping out your exhaust, wheels, transmission, door handles, etc.
Much better!!

Quick Reply: Any one get ear pressure from their cars?????