Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive shaft installed, first impressions....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default Drive shaft installed, first impressions....

Just picked up my car from the tranz shop that did the install of my new driveshaft. I had the stock one up until today and what a difference. Throttle response seems much quicker, smoothened the car out and knocked down some road noise. I can't believe the difference in the weight between the two.

The shaft is a 3.5" direct bolt on from Shaftmasters and per the guys who did the install it went very quick.

If you don't remember I was the one who got the first 4.0 shaft from these guys for Pony. When I sold the car I wanted a new one and have watched the growth and the products they sells talked about in very good light. So when I was contacted to put this new 3.5" in my car I jumped at the chance, I am so glad I did.

I can't wait to get it on the track...in a few months.
here is the one I got http://shaftmasters.com/3mualdr.html
Old 02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Congrats. I enjoyed the difference when I did mine too. Worthwhile mod for sure.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

I've had my Shaftmasters 3.5" shaft for over a year and still I feel it was a worth the money. It's good to see Shaftmasters offering the 3.5" version again.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
JimC

Congratulations Ron - and the original 4" is still running strong in my car!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

They are the best.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

would you consider doing a DS before a tune and intake?
Im more concered about the ride quality and feel of my car over the power at the moment (although i am craving the power too).
From what i hear the lighter shaft can make shifting feel alot better aswell.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 AM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm i want the 3.5 but.......why is it $100 more expensive than the 4. Its less material so shouldnt it be cheaper?

I'd get the 3.5 if it was a little cheaper.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

i love my DS... kinda feels like it ties the whole car together, almost stronger per say! Feels soo much tighter when romping on it !
Old 02-04-2010, 06:39 AM
JimC

foolio: The components for the 3.5" costs Shaftmasters more than the 4" components.

Shadow: if driving comfort is your goal right now over performance, the DS is probably going to do more for comfort. The car feels lighter with my 4" and rides much smoother. I think that Ron is saying the same thing about his 3.5" - smoother ride, less vibration and road noise, and smoother acceleration
Old 02-04-2010, 07:21 AM
zoomerman46
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
Just picked up my car from the tranz shop that did the install of my new driveshaft. I had the stock one up until today and what a difference. Throttle response seems much quicker, smoothened the car out and knocked down some road noise. I can't believe the difference in the weight between the two.

The shaft is a 3.5" direct bolt on from Shaftmasters and per the guys who did the install it went very quick.

If you don't remember I was the one who got the first 4.0 shaft from these guys for Pony. When I sold the car I wanted a new one and have watched the growth and the products they sells talked about in very good light. So when I was contacted to put this new 3.5" in my car I jumped at the chance, I am so glad I did.

I can't wait to get it on the track...in a few months.
here is the one I got http://shaftmasters.com/3mualdr.html

Good to see that Shaftmasters is once again selling the 3.5" drive shaft. Bought a 3.5 from them on a group buy on one of the Mustang forums back in 07. One of the best mods I did . All for the same reasons you have posted. Best part is no slop in the drive line now,no clunking noise coming from the drive line. I went with the adaptor plate,didn't want to mess with the pinion nut. Had it up over 120 with no vibration.

Quick Reply: Drive shaft installed, first impressions....