Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you feel about your Saleen Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

Question How do you feel about your Saleen Supercharger?

I feel as though I've been awake for two weeks straight researching every FI option there is for the S197. I'm really interested in the Saleen Stage 3 kit from Brenspeed. How do you feel about your Saleen supercharger (power, responsiveness, whine, issues, install)? Would you recommend it or if you could do it over again would you go another route?

For anyone reading this thread...I would like to purchase from Brenspeed because they're great and b/c they have the fabulous 0% financing. Given that, is there any other supercharger that you have positive experiences with and would recommend from Brenspeed?

Thanks...
Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PremiumSilver
I feel as though I've been awake for two weeks straight researching every FI option there is for the S197. I'm really interested in the Saleen Stage 3 kit from Brenspeed. How do you feel about your Saleen supercharger (power, responsiveness, whine, issues, install)? Would you recommend it or if you could do it over again would you go another route?
I just had my saleen s/c installed in October and have absolutely no regrets with the saleen and definitely none with Brenspeed.

I live about 2 hours away from anyone remotely qualified to work on a supercharger so my priority was finding a proven installer and I went with what they specialize in.

I'm a relatively low key guy who doesn't get wound-up by much and I've driven and restored Mustangs for most of my life, but the first time I drove it after the install my honest reaction was "oh my god, this thing pulls like a f-ing beast". No issues so far, but then again, I put it away for the winter right after Thanksgiving, so take that for what it's worth.

And, I'm dying a slow death waiting for spring....
Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

I purchased and installed Brenspeed's Stage 3 in October or 08. Best Mod Ever! Its a great package and very easy to install. I installed it in my driveway with basic hand tools (except for the alternator pulley).
Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 AM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

they also sell the edelbrock unit which from reports puts out more power and more potential. the money is the same, so why not go edelbrock
Old 02-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

I have Brenspeed's stage 2. Installed it myself a couple of years ago.

No complaints!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:39 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I have the Saleen Stage II from Brenspeed as well. Installed it about 3 weeks ago with the help of a few buddies. It makes great power and has been a lot of fun... plus you can't beat Brenspeed's customer service.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:14 AM
PremiumSilver
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
they also sell the edelbrock unit which from reports puts out more power and more potential. the money is the same, so why not go edelbrock
Yeah, I've been going back and forth looking at the Saleen and the Edelbrock. I don't know why but there's something that keeps drawing me to the Saleen. The Edelbrock is nice, but the install looks a little more involved. Then, since I have an 06 I need to purchase the coolant system upgrade for an additional $120. And then you can't say no to the Edelbrock engine covers for an additional $258. I know it's a small price for such a big purchase but it all adds up.

Any reviews on the Edelbrock?
Old 02-06-2010, 11:22 AM
RedFire281
2nd Gear Member

I did my own Saleen install and had a custom tune in Dec. 06. Since then I've put 40k miles on the stock rotating assembly with a relatively heavy foot; about 50/50 city and highway. I've been running a 3.4 Pulley at 459 rwhp for most of that time and no problems. Track the car about 4 times a year. Just now getting ready to change the oil. Overall I like the look of the Saleen as well - it looks stock in my opinion. So if your goal for the car is like mine, I think the Saleen is a good choice. If you want bigger power I'd say look into KB or Whipple - only because I don't know much about the Edelbrock.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Had my saleen installed from factory, but its a great reliable blower. The only other blower I would consider is whipple mainly because of the larger displacement.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:26 PM
joshsund
1st Gear Member

I had the Saleen supercharger installed by Stage 3 motorsports when I was down in Phoenix and was more than happy with it and made me pretty partial to Twinscrew superchargers.

Quick Reply: How do you feel about your Saleen Supercharger?