Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about my upcoming purchase: 2006 GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:37 AM
05stangguy
1st Gear Member

Default Questions about my upcoming purchase: 2006 GT

Hey guys, I think I finally have found the car that I want. i will be buying it in the next 2 weeks. 2006 GT, 13k miles. Heres a list of the mods.

The pedals are from Ford Racing and the three gauges are the Auto Meter Nexus gauges (Boost, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure) with data logging capability, warning lights, and a shift light. An air/fuel ratio guage is wired into the system but the actual sensor has never been installed into the exhaust and I do not have the sensor. The switch panel controls the electric water pump, a line lock, and a reset switch for the computer installed in place of the radio. Nitrous is not installed on this car and never has been. The blower is capable of supporting 900hp so nitrous really isn't necessary. The Carputer installed in place of the radio is attached to the 7" touchscreen, all custom installed by the previous owner. It is connected to a 600watt Pioneer amp that powers the 10 stock Mach 1000 speakers and subs. All functions operate through the touch screen display to include MP3 playback through the 80gig hard drive, FM radio, and the usual windows software. I have also installed a DVD slim drive/burner in the glove box and a wireless network reciever. Other options (not installed) for the carputer would include GPS Nav (program installed just requires a GPS antenna), Sirus/XM, vehicle diagnostics, broadband, or any other features you can add to a computer through a USB port.
Now for the performance modifications. The most entertaining mod has to be the Kenne Bell 2.6H blower. As stated earlier, this blower is capable of 900hp with the right supporting hardware. It is currently producing 10lbs of boost and making 474hp to the rear wheels. The entire fuel system has been upgraded to dual GT pumps with dual -6 fuel line to a single -10 line. The injectors are 42lbs. The exhaust is an off-road H-pipe and is connected to a MAC exhaust system. The transmission has had all of the gears polished in order to increase strength and reduce wear (est. to withstand 750hp). A Roush short throw shifter is also installed. The clutch has been upgraded but I do not remember the brand. The driveshaft has been replaced with a one piece aluminum unit and has the driveshaft safety loops installed. It is connected to a 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears and a rear support cover.
The entire suspension has been upgraded on this car, but the ride quality is still very comfortable. This car wears a full BMR suspension. This includes a tubular K-member, tubular A-arms, transmission bracing, upper and lower control arms and panhard rods. The springs are aftermarket and I believe the brand is Steeda.

This was a copy and paste from the guy selling the car.

Questions: I plan to take the car to a local tune shop, just to see exactly how well the car is running, general overview of the car etc. What should I be looking for/asking about when buying a blown vehicle like this?

-Given the suspension mods, what is the biggest size wheel I could put on this car? I'd like to put 20's eventually, however I'm not sure they will fit, 18's would look equally as great I think.

Any other general info would be great. I've seen the car, and test driven it a few times, the car is a beast, a complete fire breather as you can imagine. The car is completely immaculate, looks new, and I feel this often gives an idea how the car will be internally as well. Thanks for any help, and sorry for the long post! thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:03 AM
05stangguy
1st Gear Member

sorry mods...please move this post, i didnt realize I was in the wrong forum! sorry!!!!

sincerely,

stupid newb
Old 02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
joshsund
1st Gear Member

Sounds pretty Bad ***, always nice to find someone who has put a bunch of money into the car than selling it at a discount. I just think a car like that has most likely been driven hard (as it is suppose to be) and may be more prone to problems in the next couple years, but with only 13,000 mile on it you'd think it should be good for quite awhile.