Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cervini's concept hood installed, now I need scoop filter/grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Default Cervini's concept hood installed, now I need scoop filter/grill

The other day I finally got me new Cervini's hood (they do an awesome, amazing job, the thing is solid and very nice) but the scoops are totally open to the air.
So what I need are some filter/grill inserts for them. I want air to flow through them because even though I don't have the ram air kit, it still helps fresh air flow into the engine bay, but I want to keep larger debris like bugs/gravel/leaves out of there as much as possible so where do I find an insert to put in the scoops that still allows air flow, but would restrict larger objects?
I haven't seen anything on Cervini's site and they didn't mention anything about one.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:55 AM
blackout gt
1st Gear Member

lets see have any pics....
Old 02-06-2010, 07:39 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

it always amazes me when people start a" picture is worth 1000 words thread", with no pics...
Old 02-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

MIne didnt come with any either. I went to Home Depot and got some expanded metal and made my own inserts
Old 02-06-2010, 01:03 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I've had the concept hood for years, and haven't had any problems at all with debris, or rain. It seems that the airflow makes a 90 degree down turn as it passes the radiator. I was driving to a car show one day, when I ran through a torrential down pour. When I got to the show a few minutes later and opened the hood, everything past the radiator shroud was bone dry. So it seem that everything that makes it through those openings gets channeled downwards.

When I'm at home and the car is parked, I plug the holes with some foam inserts that I shaped to fit the openings.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Actually the pic is in my garage but if people are too lazy to click on it...
Attached Thumbnails Cervini's concept hood installed, now I need scoop filter/grill-img_7336-1.jpg   Cervini's concept hood installed, now I need scoop filter/grill-img_7337-1.jpg  

Last edited by Vankor; 02-06-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by americaniron
I've had the concept hood for years, and haven't had any problems at all with debris, or rain. It seems that the airflow makes a 90 degree down turn as it passes the radiator. I was driving to a car show one day, when I ran through a torrential down pour. When I got to the show a few minutes later and opened the hood, everything past the radiator shroud was bone dry. So it seem that everything that makes it through those openings gets channeled downwards.

When I'm at home and the car is parked, I plug the holes with some foam inserts that I shaped to fit the openings.
Cool, thanks for the info!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

did they give you a choice of hoods? cause that looks like the old Shelby gt 500 hood!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
did they give you a choice of hoods? cause that looks like the old Shelby gt 500 hood!
Nope, no choices, it must just be the lighting or the angle I shot the pics at. But if people do a double take, all the better!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:41 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

I have the same hood but I cut some clear Lexan pieces to fit the openings and used some double sided mounting tape to install them. I didn't like the idea of water hitting the hot engine.

Quick Reply: Cervini's concept hood installed, now I need scoop filter/grill