Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

add SYNC to 2011 base model

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:38 PM
crazietj

Ok. I have everything to do the install. From reading what you posted. DO NOT hook up the red wire because the module gets its power from the premium ACM right? What about the 2 other wires. The white and and white and blue stripe?
Old 05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
crazietj

Originally Posted by crazietj
Ok. I have everything to do the install. From reading what you posted. DO NOT hook up the red wire because the module gets its power from the premium ACM right? What about the 2 other wires. The white and and white and blue stripe?
After looking at the 09 installation info from parts express it is supposed th go the the diagnostic port. Did you guys splice them into that?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:39 AM
redrocks

Originally Posted by crazietj
After looking at the 09 installation info from parts express it is supposed th go the the diagnostic port. Did you guys splice them into that?
Those are connections to the CAN bus (high speed, IIRC). Not needed for normal operation, but I think it is needed if you do module programming. While testing, I ran with mine disconnected for a while, then made the splices when I finished up. Didn't notice any difference in operation. (My sync module(s) were from wrecks--pre-programmed.) The workspace to do those splices is a little tight--a bit of a pain.

Good luck!
Old 05-10-2014, 07:25 AM
awoychosky123

Originally Posted by redrocks
Those are connections to the CAN bus (high speed, IIRC). Not needed for normal operation, but I think it is needed if you do module programming. While testing, I ran with mine disconnected for a while, then made the splices when I finished up. Didn't notice any difference in operation. (My sync module(s) were from wrecks--pre-programmed.) The workspace to do those splices is a little tight--a bit of a pain.

Good luck!
Yea I know what you mean first time I hook mine up one of the DlC wires broke and the PAT came on, I was pissed! But eventually it worked.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 AM
crazietj

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:17 PM
crazietj

Well I got it all in. But the voice button isn't working. I didn't hook up the red wire. So I wonder if it does have to be hooked up. Or its the mic. I took out the factory mic out of the overhead lights and put the one that came with the 09 kit it in its place. I ran out of time. I have tomorrow off too. So ill be digging into it tomorrow. Any thoughts? Of what it
Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 PM
crazietj

So i ran the 2 wires from the switches down to the hmi plug. Cut the 2 that are to go to pin 4 and 6 and spliced them in. I double checked the wires. And everything seems good. I'm not sure why they are not working. Unless it's because the sync module is fro a 13? But I would think the wires are still the same.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:16 AM
awoychosky123

you have to get a pre programmed module or get it programed happened to me as well.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:51 AM
crazietj

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
you have to get a pre programmed module or get it programed happened to me as well.
It is its from a wrecked 13
Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 AM
crazietj

I am thinking it needs programmed. I wonder if the acm came from a non sync car. The volume and source buttons work. I just can't get the voice or phone to work. I don't have any dealers around that will reprogram the acm. So it looks like I'll be looking for another acm.

Quick Reply: add SYNC to 2011 base model