Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GT with Brembos and 6MT only??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
You are probably right on all accounts.
Yeah, having a paddle shifted or dual clutch tranny in a Mustang would seem a bit weird to the average Mustang buyer.
Two other things, since you are hoping Ford is listening:
Ford, for the love of true driving enthusiasts, get the speedo and tachometer front and center in the gauge cluster. They are too far apart and get partially blocked by the steering wheel.
Forget throwback at this point, get the tach and speed close together, and more centered in view between the steering wheel opening.
And while on Steering wheel, get a new one. The big airbag center circle is too large and looks weird, and the spokes that come out from them and attach to the actual wheel itself have no thumb indents.
You are making a more dedicated "driver's" car, so for the love of Pete, make the thing that drivers use to drive (the steering wheel) comfortable and functional to maximize driving pleasure (see BMW's steering wheels, specifically the M Sport steering wheel).
You can give that steering wheel a bit of the "throw back" look if you want. Thanks.
+1000000 on the steering wheel. i want to switch mine out so badly, but then i would lose functionality.... imo the wheel is way to big and not comfy to hold with 2 hands.

they can leave the speedo and tach where they are if they give us either a HUD or a digital read out in the center.