Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally got dyno'd and something is up

Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

What is it about cars that turns everyone into such overly competitive, overly confident, egotistical dickwads?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchRed04GT
Let me say the c5 will happen. If not this one, I will get one within the next month. SO **** you Lance and that ****** with the hot rods.
WOW!!! Thats all I gotta say to this

Originally Posted by Riptide
What is it about cars that turns everyone into such overly competitive, overly confident, egotistical dickwads?
and I have no clue man...you got me there...he's actually my brother-in-law also so again...wow
Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

lol family love
Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Allstar
lol family love
LoL yeah no ****
Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VanWilder
LoL yeah no ****
haha.. the problem is now hes REALLY gunna wanna by the vette for the reason alone he wants to prove you wrong haha DONT BE THE BAD GUY AND MAKE HIM DO SOMETHING HES GUNNA REGRET!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Allstar
haha.. the problem is now hes REALLY gunna wanna by the vette for the reason alone he wants to prove you wrong haha DONT BE THE BAD GUY AND MAKE HIM DO SOMETHING HES GUNNA REGRET!!!!!!!
LoL yeah trust me I've tried...but he just says "My car...I can do what I want" then I say well then more power to ya haha
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM
TorchRed04GT
2nd Gear Member

Good times, you guys crack me up.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

(takes a long deep sigh)

Ok, let me confirm a few things.

Van- Your numbers are about where they should be, if not maybe 10 or so more RWHP. The cam setup you have is not crazy aggressive. If you want to make 350+ RWHP, then you need a more aggressive cam. The most HP I have seen out of the 3V car(mind you, I also own one, don't let my sig fool you) is 372 RWHP. This was from a local guy with a fully built 3V motor, from robs, to pistons, to CNC ported Heads, an aggressive cam, and the power was through a T-56, which puts power down more efficiently than a 3650.

Also, umm, not my business with what you and your brother say, but, I need to correct you on something. You said even with a Pro-Driver, a C5Z traps like 109-110 and ran a best of a 12.4? I guess guys like you and me on the forums are not "professional" drivers, yet, there have been dozens of C5Z's run 11's, and trap 115-119, with 119 being the highest trap ever. So, if your brother can drive, it will be a close race with him in stock form. Now, with basic bolt-ons, his car will be making over 400+ RWHP, in a 3250ish lb car, depending on how much he weighs.

Anyhow, it is very possible to get to the 11's, however, your MPH won't reflect your ET, because the lack of power. A good strong 60ft, and decent power, with some weight reduction will get you in the 11's. You will need slicks/skinnies, a driveshaft, and the nitrous to run mid 11's.

If you want to upgrade your 24lb injectors, I would if I were you. Go with a 39lb(BLUE) or a 42lb Injector, and upgrade your fuel pump too. Never hurts to have more left in your fuel capacity, unless you want to lose power by running out.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
(takes a long deep sigh)

Van- Your numbers are about where they should be, if not maybe 10 or so more RWHP. The cam setup you have is not crazy aggressive. If you want to make 350+ RWHP, then you need a more aggressive cam. The most HP I have seen out of the 3V car(mind you, I also own one, don't let my sig fool you) is 372 RWHP. This was from a local guy with a fully built 3V motor, from robs, to pistons, to CNC ported Heads, an aggressive cam, and the power was through a T-56, which puts power down more efficiently than a 3650.

Also, umm, not my business with what you and your brother say, but, I need to correct you on something. You said even with a Pro-Driver, a C5Z traps like 109-110 and ran a best of a 12.4? I guess guys like you and me on the forums are not "professional" drivers, yet, there have been dozens of C5Z's run 11's, and trap 115-119, with 119 being the highest trap ever. So, if your brother can drive, it will be a close race with him in stock form. Now, with basic bolt-ons, his car will be making over 400+ RWHP, in a 3250ish lb car, depending on how much he weighs.

Anyhow, it is very possible to get to the 11's, however, your MPH won't reflect your ET, because the lack of power. A good strong 60ft, and decent power, with some weight reduction will get you in the 11's. You will need slicks/skinnies, a driveshaft, and the nitrous to run mid 11's.

If you want to upgrade your 24lb injectors, I would if I were you. Go with a 39lb(BLUE) or a 42lb Injector, and upgrade your fuel pump too. Never hurts to have more left in your fuel capacity, unless you want to lose power by running out.
great summary..i agree with the injector upgrade for sure!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:25 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
(takes a long deep sigh)

Ok well I've seen the NA 3Vs do better than the 372 you stated...Rich formerly with Radmustangs has put down 409rwhp with I beleive comp stage 2 NSR cams (I may be wrong about the NSR part), stage 2 heads, full exhaust and a JPC intake manifold...stock internals, etc...as far as needing a driveshaft, skinnies, etc to get into mid 11s I doubt that...with my setup now without the nitrous I'm knocking on the door to high 11s so I would think with a 100 shot that would be plenty to get into mid 11 range...as far as the Z beating me at the track I'm gonna stick with my conclusion that he wont be able to touch me mainly because 1. I will still have more power than him 2. I can launch tons harder than him considering I have a 31 spline stock solid axle with 4.10s and MT ET Streets...he has glass half shafts and I doubt he would invest in some slicks considering his rearend wont be able to handle them...also the Z was not a dragstrip built car...he had enough trouble launching his stang and this car will be a completely different animal...I'm not putting the ZO6 down in anyway...they are an awesome car...but even with exhaust, intake, tune...he still wont be able to touch me at the strip...he's not the type that goes there every week perfecting the technique he will need to drive that car...I've already been to the track numerous times with my car as I have had it for 5 years and I know how to launch it and drive it...I mean come on I pulled off a 12.41 with a slipping clutch and HORRIBLE conditions...that same night he couldnt get out of the 14s in his car with the same mods as me...mainly because he just doesnt have the racing experience with it...I'm sure over time he will be able to get used to the car and be worlds better but by then my car wont be what it is today it will be a whole new animal as well....but like I said numerous times on the HWY 130+ I wont be able to touch him because of aerodynamics and I will run outta gear...and as far as stock Zs in the 11s I know its been done...not very often though...I've personally never seen one in person do better the high maybe mid 12s...I had a good friend of mine that had a Lingenfelter Heads/cam Z that ran a best of only 12.3....oh and I talked to Chris Rose from Tillman Speed (my tuner) who has tuned and ran several cars with my mods plus the 100 shot and he said mid 11s should be easy trapping 120+

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally got dyno'd and something is up