Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Boxed Sub Frame connectors, INSTALED (PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Arrow HD Boxed Sub Frame connectors, INSTALED (PICS!)

Well I just finished putting in my Sub frame connectors. I got the ones made by Granatelli Motorsports.
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...lay.php?gid=36
I had made a thread before linking them for people, they were $114 shipped!!!!!! Amazing IMO for this version.

First impressions out of the box. NICE. They are welded well, there painted blue, which I thought was a little odd, but hey, I guess they wanted to be different.

I did the prep work on them, grinding all the paint off the weld points. Mocked them up where they were going. Marked where the tabs meet body, and ground all the paint off the car in those spots. They want you to have the suspension loaded while your installing these so that the bars are not flexing at the normal flat position, so we used a drive up style lift ramp. The problem there was that the ramp section gets in the way and most of the sub frames are above the ramp. We used a wood block and a large prybar to apply pressure to the bottom of the sub frame connectors and flex them so that the weld points were as close to flat as possable. Tacked everything up, then welded what we could. We then had to lower the car and move it over to a normal lift so that there was much less in the way, and removed the rear rims. While we were welding we hit the relocation brackets too.

Impressions. WOW. So worth the money. The car does not flex going into corners now, feels VERY well planted. Also, I actualy feel like I have some traction now! Keep in mind its 27 degrees out, I have Eagle F1 Supercars, 4.10s and a Saleen, so I am very impressed! I cant wait to launch this thing in the the summer when its hot out, and the tires are sticky!

Old 02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
SpeedingBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Good Deal, Glad to hear you got something for handeling that wast to expensive. Your cars going to rock once you get the Tokicos on there.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Thanks, it should be nice, but there goes another 1k.... Figure DSpecs + bump steer kit + camber plates... ouch, for now though, pretty happy with this.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Nice, congrats. I had them in my last stang, and they definately made a difference. That seems to be a great price too.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

yeah price was great, and you cant even tell there on the car unless you go looking for them. If I were any lower however I would start to really worry about speed bumps.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:26 PM
soon2bu
2nd Gear Member

Seems interesting, and a good price too. I've been looking for a relatively cheap mod to help with stability and handling.

I just have a couple questions, do these get in the way of anything under the car? Like the exhaust, or make it harder to get to or unbolt something else if needed? Also, how much would an average shop charge for this type of install?

Seems like a great product.

Last edited by soon2bu; 02-08-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Doesnt really get in the way of anything, all pretty much dead space.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...YMM&Reset=True

I got charged 1.4 hours of labor but that was with me doing some of the work and taking some time to make some other tweaks on my parts. Basicaly payed for renting there bay and the welding supply. But not many shops would let you do this, they know me there and know I did all the other work and know what I'm doing.

I would think whatever shop you go to should charge you for between 2 and 3 horus labor. You can save some time if you do some of the prep yourself, like grinding the paint off the tabs before you go in, just dont do it like a week before or anything like that, as the rusting process starts almost instantly.