Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny Dealership Service Follow-Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:44 AM
justin07vert
1st Gear Member

Default Funny Dealership Service Follow-Up

So unfortunately a few weeks ago I developed the dreaded S197 front passenger floorboard leak.

Car is still under warranty to I took it in this past Monday for them to address the leak. Get it back Monday and of course am told everything is good to go. Tuesday it rains. Bad news...leak is still there.

So Wednesday morning I take the car back in to look at it again. Funny thing was when last night the dealership called me about my recent service Wednesday night. I asked which one? She said the most recent, so I said Ok, Monday or today. She said, I guess Monday. I then talked about the leak and how they could not find it, had to go in for repeat service, etc..

She was at a loss for words and just said ok, sorry to hear that...talk to you Friday about your service on Wednesday. Stupid leaks!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Somehow I'm not shocked.
Reminds me of when I had to drop my car off at the stealership to get my locks replaced. They open at 7am and I was there at a few minutes before 7am, it's freezing cold outside, I'm on my cane because I could barely walk, I had on flip flops because my feet were bandaged. Inside was a rep busy making breakfast and eating her oatmeal at her desk while I was clearly standing outside with much difficulty. 5 after 7am.. one of the techs must of seen me and he opened the door.
That is why I'm not shocked if they couldn't find your record.

Sorry to hear about your leak though. HOPEFULLY they can resolve it for you.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

could this fall under the lemon law? or does this not apply?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Originally Posted by alkemist
Somehow I'm not shocked.
Reminds me of when I had to drop my car off at the stealership to get my locks replaced. They open at 7am and I was there at a few minutes before 7am, it's freezing cold outside, I'm on my cane because I could barely walk, I had on flip flops because my feet were bandaged. Inside was a rep busy making breakfast and eating her oatmeal at her desk while I was clearly standing outside with much difficulty. 5 after 7am.. one of the techs must of seen me and he opened the door.
That is why I'm not shocked if they couldn't find your record.

Sorry to hear about your leak though. HOPEFULLY they can resolve it for you.
You interrupted her breakfast...how rude! lol.

Stories like this don't shock me. And it isn't just a ford thing, it is across the board. We had a Nissan go in for trans service, it just had a little issue, it was well known and documented, hell, there was even a TSB on it. So, we wait and wait, call them, still working on figuring out what is wrong, again we tell them what they need to do...they call back...it needs a trans. Their lead tech looked it over and he says that is what it needs. No it doesn't, so we took it from there to another dealership, they have it done in less than two hours, one of the apprentices knocked it out, they see it all the time. Needless to say, after that, we switched over to the second dealer completely, not just for service, but for parts too. That cost them tens of thousands a month and for what? Then the service and parts managers call to see what happened. We told them and they said they would handle it. Now to me, the only way to handle a loss like that is job termination. I mean your actions lost an account, someone has to pay right? Nope, they didn't fire either the tech or the service writer. I have so many stories like that it isn't even funny.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I hate those checkup calls because everyone in my family uses my cell number for them to call so even when one of their cars go in they call me about it
Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
justin07vert
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
could this fall under the lemon law? or does this not apply?
I had to look this up recently as I am afraid with many more trips to the stealership I will have to resort to the lemon law. But the answer is yes, anything on a vehicle with expressed warranty that has been to the shop 3 times for the same issue can qualify for the lemon law. What sucks is I really do love the Mustang and have no desire to go away from it. But the logistics of time in the shop, and rides to get to work, etc... isn't worth it in the end.

Last edited by justin07vert; 02-11-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by justin07vert
I had to look this up recently as I am afraid with many more trips to the stealership I will have to resort to the lemon law. But the answer is yes, anything on a vehicle with expressed warranty that has been to the shop 3 times for the same issue can qualify for the lemon law. What sucks is I really do love the Mustang and have no desire to go away from it. But the logistics of time in the shop, and rides to get to work, etc... isn't worth it in the end.
you could always swap it for another stang. ive had a problem with my mustang, there is a squeak coming from the rear passenger wheel. i took it into the stealership 2 times and a regular shop once. so ive had it looked at 3 times, just not by the same person. i shoulda had it looked at again by the dealer so i can get a new stang, cause it is still making the squeak. its been over a year, its embarrassing as hell!