Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone deal with a cracked windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
CSS996
2nd Gear Member

That's a cool way to catch folks who don't have insurance!

Look for the cracked glass and pull 'em over!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07WhiteV6
Yes, windshield replacement in FL is free (lived there 37 years and had my share of cracked windshields) as long as the vehicle is insured...
No chit??? I never heard of that.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:26 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Never heard of a free windshield replacement, but I know that if your insurance is USAA they will repair a chip for free. Thought behind it, is that they rather repair the chip than replace the whole thing. Driving in WA State I've had two out of three vehicles with chips I had to repair....not the stang...

I guess Florida is the place to be...for many reasons and now...free windshield replacement...
Old 02-14-2010, 08:50 PM
07WhiteV6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
No chit??? I never heard of that.
I moved to TN in July of 08, so unless they changed the law since then, the windshield company bills the insurance company directly and it doesn't "count" against your policy (i.e. - they won't raise your rates).
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

That 'free replacement' in Fl is pretty cool, but tbo it kinda pisses me off. Its not like thre are different insurance companies in Florida verses the rest of the U.S....I'm sure there are the typical ones...state farm, allstate, geikeo, progressive, etc....So how in the heck can they do them for free in one state and it be a $50 deal in many others?? Is it a state legislature requirement or something??

I'm sure there is some 'justification' to it, but in the end, one state somehow gets theirs for free and it costs me $50 chapps my a$$. Makes me feel like I'm getting charged to cover costs in another state and since most insurance feels like such a scam I guess I shouldnt be surprised. Kinda like getting drug tested at my job....I dont mind it in the least...but I have to be CLEAN to receive a paycheck (or be fired)...so how about drug testing welfare recipients? Test clean, get your check...test positive, dont let the door hit you on the butt on the way out...without any money.

Anyway....grats to anyone in Florida I guess.

Andretti
Old 02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
That 'free replacement' in Fl is pretty cool, but tbo it kinda pisses me off. Its not like thre are different insurance companies in Florida verses the rest of the U.S....I'm sure there are the typical ones...state farm, allstate, geikeo, progressive, etc....So how in the heck can they do them for free in one state and it be a $50 deal in many others?? Is it a state legislature requirement or something??

I'm sure there is some 'justification' to it, but in the end, one state somehow gets theirs for free and it costs me $50 chapps my a$$. Makes me feel like I'm getting charged to cover costs in another state and since most insurance feels like such a scam I guess I shouldnt be surprised. Kinda like getting drug tested at my job....I dont mind it in the least...but I have to be CLEAN to receive a paycheck (or be fired)...so how about drug testing welfare recipients? Test clean, get your check...test positive, dont let the door hit you on the butt on the way out...without any money.

Anyway....grats to anyone in Florida I guess.

Andretti
I'm pretty sure the insurance rates in Florida reflect the "free" windshields the insurance companies provide.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I'll have what he's smokin'...
Can you please pass it back now??
Old 02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Florida has free window repair per the insurance laws...

Anyways, tell them you want the "Pony" window and they will give that to you. I had two windows replaced. One on the mustang and one on my Audi. Both free back to back with each other.

I'm in Tampa BTW...
Old 02-15-2010, 04:36 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Haven't had to replace any mustang windshields, but my jeep is notorious for it. I am on my third....and in WV, *we* get to pay for our own.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:06 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
Can you please pass it back now??
hahaha Whose it going to next?

Quick Reply: Anyone deal with a cracked windshield?