Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, I've ordered FRPP CAI w/Brenspeed tunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Default Ok, I've ordered FRPP CAI w/Brenspeed tunes

Ordered it this morning. I'm replacing the Granatelli CAI and tune. They gave the tune to me free since I already ordered the SCT and tune for the Granatelli previously. How nice!

So, I'm excited about any improvement in smoothness of operation, throttle response and power. I don't expect any power increase actually. But, I do expect a better throttle response than the Granatelli tune and smoothness also. It makes me feel better also knowing that I've put a recommended Ford product on the car. I feel like I made a mistake by buying and running the Granatelli for over a year. We'll see. I'll let you all know the difference when I install it.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
thedarkside
1st Gear Member

I test drove several stock GT's before I found the one I bought (it came with FRPP intake and SLP exhaust) I know what you mean about Ford approved parts, I usually avoid buying modded cars, but this one had everything I was going to do anyways. The first time I drove it I noticed a difference over the others, it seems much more responsive and I LOVE the exhaust note. Keep us posted as to any changes you notice!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Darkside, is yours tuned with the Ford tuner or by another business that creates tunes like Brenspeed, VMP Tuning or Bama? Or do you have both? If both, which do you like best? Please tell us the differences.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 PM
thedarkside
1st Gear Member

I bought my car from a stealership, but it had all the paperwork in the trunk, including the hand tuner, So I am assuming it is a simple hand tune. It runs like a wet dream, and the acceleration/ throttle response is flawless though.

I had an LS1 GTO, and after I installed an intake, headers, catless mids, and catback exhaust I had it dyno tuned by one of the best LS1 tuners in the country (NicD). Being acquaintances with him, I understand how crucial a good tune is to a vehicle's well-being. I will probably have my tune checked by a professional in the near future. (I don't think NicD does Fords, but I am going to ask him!)
Old 02-17-2010, 05:31 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

I would say the Granatelli was a mistake also. I am happy with my jlt and brenspeed 92 tune.
I wouldn't put any thought into that so called ford approved product idea. The intakes are all nearly the same results with the main part of the gain being the custom tune.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Brad, you must mean all intakes are nearly the same except Granatelli's. The thing I dont' get is....the Granatelli uses the stock GT mass air flow sensor. Does the size of the tubing make it difficult for the intake to be tuned? If so, then all intakes are not nearly the same. If you go to Brenspeeds site, the Ford Bullit intake is the only one people have posted reviews of that I saw. They were all really great reviews.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Not all the same. I was referring to the general avg on numbers made with the C&L, JLT, steeda etc. The Granatelli, K&N, BBK aren't in the general consensus for tuners. I would happily take the frpp over the Granatelli. But my choice was the JLT. Be happy with the new product and tune you are getting. I am happy with my single 92 tune from Brenspeed. I used to like the old site better. They used to show a lot of Whipple customer cars which have since seemed to have vanished once they were an authorized speedlab. I wouldn't put anything into a retailers customer reviews on their own page. This site has much more usefull and unbiased opinions from owners throughout the world.