Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by pascal
You guys are still beating on that dead horse?!?!
A painted $90 spoiler yo! I'd have almost that in materials, lol.
lol if my S197 looked like urs, i wouldnt say a word lol. its just that wat little i've tried to do on the exterior was rather a disappointment, instead of being the expected satisfaction. yea it was $90. . . . well actually to be technical it was $120. $120 that i can think of quite a few things i could have purchased with that i would have been way happier with. . . . its the fact that they DONT accept returns so if u get screwed u gotta do whatever u can to make it worth it. that money is gone and if it's going to be gone, then it might as well be worth losing. i'm not going to settle with a halfa**ed spoiler when there are tons of ppl who have received a better product, if not near perfect spoiler. it's just that i dont have a lot of spending money anymore so every little bit of money really makes a difference. . . . .
Old 03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

can we get pics of this one?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT1826
Dear jt18260,

I think your expectations are too high for a spoiler that is painted to normal factory standards. I think you will need to have a pro body shop that specializes in show car finishes and have them make it perfect but get ready to pay the big bucks. I already sold and installed the spoiler that you sent back and that customer was smiling ear to ear with happiness about his new spoiler.

Thanks, Travis

- thespoilerstore
I just find that reply from a vendor a little condescending. Who is it to tell someone else that a returned product was sold and to make the previous recipient feel like an ****. Especially with the smiling ear to ear. From a business stand point and customer service, that portion could of been left out.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

90 bucks is such a good deal though
Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I think I'll stick with my Roush
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by JT1826
lol if my S197 looked like urs, i wouldnt say a word lol. its just that wat little i've tried to do on the exterior was rather a disappointment, instead of being the expected satisfaction. yea it was $90. . . . well actually to be technical it was $120. $120 that i can think of quite a few things i could have purchased with that i would have been way happier with. . . . its the fact that they DONT accept returns so if u get screwed u gotta do whatever u can to make it worth it. that money is gone and if it's going to be gone, then it might as well be worth losing. i'm not going to settle with a halfa**ed spoiler when there are tons of ppl who have received a better product, if not near perfect spoiler. it's just that i dont have a lot of spending money anymore so every little bit of money really makes a difference. . . . .
You might have gotten a bad one after all.
That could always happen.

With that super low price for a painted piece, I would have checked it out on a car before if possible. Like car shows etc...

I also agree with previously stated, that company's attitude needs somewhat improvements, lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

i bought a spoiler from them.

it wasn't perfect.

i didn't expect it to be.

it didn't seem rational to me to expect perfection for $90.

it still doesn't.

if i needed one cheap, i'd do it again.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:53 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

no issues with mine. just installed a hood scoop from them, perfect paint match/finish.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM
JT1826

Originally Posted by mdg
no issues with mine. just installed a hood scoop from them, perfect paint match/finish.
see this is what's been irritating me. everyone seems like they are getting good spoilers from them. . . .

me, on the other hand, i dont have "high" standards, i just want one that has no fish-eyes, is it that hard for them to actually check and make sure the spoiler is exceptional? we are driving a Mustang, not a Cavalier. they shouldnt expect sum1 to put "junk" on their car. especially when others who bought from them have "more than exceptional" spoilers from them. i dont want to pull up next to a Mustang with the same spoiler, color and everything, and be able to see an obvious difference in quality between mine and his when we both got it from the same person. . . . .
Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
SpookyStang

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
I think I'll stick with my Roush
I think I'll stick with none.

To the OP: it sucks that you are going through this. I hate to say it, but if the dings on the spoiler you just received aren't that noticable, just install it and hope no one notices. Chances are, no one will notice, anyway. I notice things on my car that no one else does, haha.

In regards to the most recent reply, if someone sent me something that snide, I'd report them to the BBB.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"