Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I take a even trade for a 03 Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Yes, you're right guys! That wasn't very nice of me, and I apologize. My coffee hadn't kicked in yet, and my morning started off with one of my servers at work misbehaving and it's irritating me that I can't pinpoint what the problem is yet.

Sorry.

edit:
And I think the only reason I called it rice is because his passenger side exhaust is crooked (and sooty.) For some reason, crooked exhaust peeves me. Maybe because it's so common on rice-mobiles.

Last edited by GT Premi; 02-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:18 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Premi
Yes, you're right guys! That wasn't very nice of me, and I apologize. My coffee hadn't kicked in yet, and my morning started off with one of my servers at work misbehaving and it's irritating me that I can't pinpoint what the problem is yet.

Sorry.
It's ok...we forgive you. We are a lovable sorts around here
Old 02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

I say trade for the viper, the viper books for over 30k, you will not get that much if you tried to sell the mustang, sorry I have to say this, the body kit and other things are just too much on the mustang, it looks like a ricer. under the hood of the mustang is very cool, I just prefer opening the hood to a more stock looking car with the mods being under the hood.

the viper also has a better resale and retains value better than the mustang, it will also be alot more WOW of a car than the mustang. people are complaining about dodge transmissions but I think all vipers came with a manual trans, there normally isn't much to go wrong with a manual.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

yea dodge transmissions are fine i hear ppl complain about the ford trannys too so every company has some issues nothing you can do.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:49 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Is the OP's Mustang a Shelby GT500 or a clone? If it's authentic made at the Shelby plant, then yes, he could expect $30K or more for it. If it's just a clone, then no he will be lucky to get $25K. Some people don't mind a built GT500 while others like the papers that prove authenticity.

Apparently the dealer or who ever doesn't realize it's not authentic or just simply likes the Mustang better.

OP, the Viper will have a higher resale value mainly due to the fact it is an authentic car designed by Carroll Shelby.
I would jump on it in a heart beat!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

As hard as it is for me to say, being a mustang fan...

If it's a straight up trade, you should get that Viper. The sheer rareness of it compared to the mustang makes it worth it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I love vipers, but your mustang is better in every possible way with the exception of rarity but who really cares? I could give a rat's **** about that myself.

As a matter of fact, I'd take MY mustang over any viper. It may sound crazy, but that's how it is!
LOL I'd love to see you put in that situation for real.
Are you kidding me?!!!!

Originally Posted by 05fastblk
viper, if you want to compare a mustang to it go ahead you are fooling yourself...... its like comparing to a ford GT
I hope you are not ranking the Viper in the same league as the Ford GT.
For future reference: Ford GT Comparison.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:36 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Wow, thats allot of replies. I will try to keep up with you guys and try to answer everyones questions.

As far as the Viper being a chick magnet. I have a gf and I can pull chicks with a rusty Ford Pinto so Im not worried about that lol. Besides I dont want the gold digging chicks that would date me just for the car anyway. The guy is asking $37,000 for the Viper and it is one of the cheapest one the internet that I have seen. If I was to sell my car I might be able to get $35,000 out of it. I built my car to re-create the 67 Eleanor car. I put the cobra badges on the car to make it as close to the modern Eleanor as I could. I tell everyone its not real. I dont try to fool anyone by telling them its real. I have driven stock/lightly modded GT500's and there is no way I would trade my car for one. If I was to keep the Stang I would put a 302 big bore stroker, 6 spd tranny, full suspension for better handling and lighten it up a little. I figured that would be another $12-$15K and have 600-700rwhp. If I got the Viper I could put a SC, wheels and tires and a coil over kit for around $12K. Those mods are pushing over 800 rwhp in a 3300lb car(Mine wieghs 3480 with 1/4 tank of gas). Down the road when I hit the lotto I can always build the car over 1000 hp. I love my car there is just so many times you can look at it before u lose interest. It just dont give me that wow factor it use to. However the vert is not my favorite Viper. I would like a 06-08 blue coupe with silver stripes. That comes with a $20K increase in price as well for the 06 and even more for the 08. Another option is keep the Stang for a couple yrs and wait for the Vipers prices to drop and own both. Hopefully I could get a ZR1 by then for $60K lol (I can dream right?) Neither car would be a daily driver. My gf is usually the only one with me so I dont need/ want a back seat. As far as the attention goes. I went to a huge carshow with over 5000 cars with my gf. My friend owns a car stealership and he sells exotic cars. He had a 04 Viper exactly like this one. He followed us to car show. It took us over an hour to drive 1/2 mile on one the main street near the car show. We stopped at a gas station just outside the car show and there must of been 100 people walking past. Almost everyone stopped and looked at my car and you would of swore the Viper was invisible. Allot of people think my car is the actual movie car lol. Im not saying my car is better than the Viper. From my experience it just gets more attention and not all of it is good. I have to tell people all the time to quit picking at the clear 3M bra or wanna be thugs jumping around it like a bunch of animals. Screaming to their friends hey come look at this car. Dont get me started on the small kids with dumbass parents. Im just tired of it. At the end of it all any sports car is going to get attention. I would be happy with a little less.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:03 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

haha i hear ya on the ppl being a pain in the *** around the car and parents are worse then the kids sometime. and ever see those mom with the big bags that they think is invisable and smack it into everyones car haha good luck bro
Old 02-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

So do you think youre going to trade the guy?

Quick Reply: Should I take a even trade for a 03 Viper?