Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I take a even trade for a 03 Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:48 PM
cardude99
1st Gear Member

hey man if you dont trade the guy, i will. do you think he will be interested in a turbo'd 6 speed v6? lol
Old 02-26-2010, 07:49 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Premi
Or more likely it was just a lie and he was just fishing for compliments on his Mustang. Personally, I find it extremely unlikely that anybody in their right mind is going to do an "even trade" of a friggin' Viper for a (riced out, IMO) Mustang! Fast Mustang or not.

If it is true, then he'd be crazy to do the deal because that Viper is probably a piece of crap maintenance money pit. That's the only way I can even fathom someone would do an even trade of a Viper for a Mustang, unless it's an original classic Mustang, i.e. Shelby, Boss, etc.
Your right cause I have nothing better to do than post about a car I will never own (Viper) to people I will never meet (You). Its just a rush stirring **** up on the internet and wasting everyones time. Come on man get real. Riced out or not its my car. So are you going to accuse me of not owning the Mustang too?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:51 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Premi
Yes, you're right guys! That wasn't very nice of me, and I apologize. My coffee hadn't kicked in yet, and my morning started off with one of my servers at work misbehaving and it's irritating me that I can't pinpoint what the problem is yet.

Sorry.

edit:
And I think the only reason I called it rice is because his passenger side exhaust is crooked (and sooty.) For some reason, crooked exhaust peeves me. Maybe because it's so common on rice-mobiles.
The exhaust is fixed. I put a Mugen exhaust tip on it and it fits perfect.

Last edited by usmcpony; 02-26-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:00 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
So do you think youre going to trade the guy?
I havent been able to test drive the car yet due to it constantly snowing. Everytime it melts we get more snow. The guy contacted me about the trade. His plan was to sell it or trade up to a newer Z06. He just wants something different. His wife doesnt want him to spend anymore money and hates the Viper. So hes kinda stuck with trading even or selling the car. When the snow clears and both of our schedules agree. I will probly trade him if his car is as clean as he says it is. My gf wants me to keep the Stang but she just got her new BMW so can deal with whatever I get.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Im not sure if he is interested in any other Mustangs. I will ask and post his number if he is and I decide to keep the Stang.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Oh i see, well either way you're going to end up with a sick car so everybody wins lol
Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
dopeboifrsh12

it looks like u love ur car man. and I respect that
Old 02-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

I hate to say it, viper.....
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

Like many others have said, if you can afford the upkeep, insurance and what not go for it. Mustangs are a dime a dozen, Vipers are not.

I rented a Viper a few years back when I was in Vegas. It was an awesome machine. I'm going to Vegas next week, and I'll be renting another one. They rock!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
05stangguy
1st Gear Member

Whats with all the comments about Vipers being so incredibly rare? Maybe it's because I live in Florida (Central, spend alot of time in south FL) but I see them all the time???

If you are talking about rarity, as "few" as some of you say these vipers are, you have something more unique than 99 percent of the "few" Vipers that ARE out there, so think about it that way...There are virtually NO cars on the road like yours, there are lots of vipers out there (around here atleast)....just something to think about

Quick Reply: Should I take a even trade for a 03 Viper?