Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New MGW shifter is Out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NOLA26
I saw the shifter on the wgwltd.com and it says nothing about being a new model and the price is listed as $299. Is that the new one?
That was exactly my point !

Anyone tried to contact them ?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:29 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

it is diff cause it looks diff then mine, but i dont see how much of an improvement it could make cause the one i got is freakin awesome
Old 03-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
it is diff cause it looks diff then mine, but i dont see how much of an improvement it could make cause the one i got is freakin awesome
im sure its jujst little things that make it smoother and they did say it creates LESS noise then the previous model.. they wouldn't make a new model if it had nothing NEW and IMPROVED to it..
Old 03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

yea its nice but mine makes no noise, maybe its supposed to shift smoother cause it is lighter
Old 03-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Can you swap out the shift stick to make it look like the Hurst on this new model? Not the shift ****, but the shift stick. I like em flat, lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yeah, you can get the extra handle (standard thread size) and put any shift **** you want on it. I've had a Hurst pistol grip, black Hurst ball and now I'm back to the standard black MGW ball. Very nice!

I don't see how the new one could improve much. Mine is completely quiet and butter smooth.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 03-03-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
If you look the main difference is the back of the shifter. The back of the new shifter has two rods in the back of it followed by a guided mount which actually allows the shifter to move with the tranny. This allows fewer bind ups and smoother accurate shifts. The old set up has a solid rear mount that doesnt allow the shifter to move with the tranny putting it sorta binding state(causing a tug of war between the shifter being solidly mounted to the body of the car).

This new design is light years ahead of the older version, I cant believe it has taken this long for someone to design a shifter that can actally move with the tranny. This design is a must with a remote shifter if you do not want it to bind a be able to poweshift the hell out of it.

The rear style of the newer shifter is the same style of the newer vettes and camaros as well. Hat's off the George at MGW, great design on this newer version, and it alot cheaper! Also the best part is you dont need all the dynomat like the earlier version and you can reuse your stock shifter dust boot instead of using dynomat to fill in the hole of the shifter tunnel lol.

Last edited by 05 Ricky; 03-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Yeah, you can get the extra handle (standard thread size) and put any shift **** you want on it. I've had a Hurst pistol grip, black Hurst ball and now I'm back to the standard black MGW ball. Very nice!

I don't see how the new one could improve much. Mine is completely quiet and butter smooth.
Do you know where I can buy an extra handle? Preferebly(sp?) one that looks like this(without the logo, ofcourse):

I'd rather get the MGW (Heard nothing but great things about em), but the Hurst dominates it in styling, imo. On certain things, function>styling, but I'm just trying to have fun with my baby

I'm probably asking for the best of both worlds.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I wonder if I can get a trade in on my original, lol
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 AM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Looks like a really nice piece. I just bought a barely used Hurst for $140 shipped, couldn't pass on that deal, lol.

Quick Reply: New MGW shifter is Out!!!