Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100% gasoline vs.May contain 10% percent ethanoll

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:51 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
Which specific subsidies are you talking about?
A quick google search of "corn subsidies" will give you quite a bit of info. I grabbed this, this (clearly written by the evil "liberal Democrats") and this (Slate, also known for having a 'liberal' bent).

Last edited by digitalcos; 03-06-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:01 PM
brandonse24

http://pure-gas.org

my states not even listed... west virginia!?! Fail....
Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by digitalcos
A quick google search of "corn subsidies" will give you quite a bit of info. I grabbed this, this (clearly written by the evil "liberal Democrats") and this (Slate, also known for having a 'liberal' bent).
Most liberals are against farmers, have been forever. So are all the enviornmentalists and granola people. The guy mentioned in one of those links as an expert (Pinental) believes the world population should be limited to 1 billion and all farming should be done with human and animal power. His theorys on ethaol have been disproved but they are still quoted as fact in most ethanol debates.

I just don't believe farmers are the evil people many portray them as. Then again I grew up on a farm many years ago and know the hard work for little pay that goes into it. I also don't believe corn is evil. Some people do. Then again my family has been growing it since the late 1800's so my opinion is certainly biased.

Like you I don't like farm subsidies. They take the free market out of farming and dictate to some degree what a farmer will grow, this keeps grain and meat prices artificially low, effectively putting the farmer at the mercy of the government. It's a vicious cycle.

I can't understand how people could be against farmers but for big oil. More of my South Dakota upbringing I suppose.

Anyhow thanks for doing the search. I think in the future I need to not read any ethanol threads. I grew up around it and know it's not the boogeyman.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:19 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
Like you I don't like farm subsidies. They take the free market out of farming and dictate to some degree what a farmer will grow, this keeps grain and meat prices artificially low, effectively putting the farmer at the mercy of the government. It's a vicious cycle.
Sounds like you and I are pretty much on the same page then.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 PM
RogerDodger1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by digitalcos
So much for it not turning political. I might as well say my piece before it gets locked.

It's easy to blame the evil "liberal democrats". They're an easy target. Fact is though, and I know a lotta folks aren't gonna wanna hear this - It's all the stupid farming subsidies.[/I].
So much for it not turning political? Who said that? The topic itself has everything to do with politics as it is the liberal democrats in Congress who rammed this mandated ethanol in gasoline down everyone's throats. Why? Because, "the sky is falling and we're all gonna die!", because of supposed, "global warming", even though we just had a brutally cold winter with record amounts of snow. The liberals claim that global warming is now causing the cold and snow storms. So, if things are, "unseasonably warm", the liberals claim it's caused by global warming. If it's cold and snows a lot, the liberals claim that too is caused by global warming. lol They want it both ways!

I was listening to a radio program recently and the guest pointed out that climatologists have been keeping tabs on global temperatures since the early 1960's with about 6,000 temperature monitoring stations all around the world. Since then, about 4,500 of them have been closed, but get this, most of those 4,500 closed temperature monitoring stations were in the coldest regions of the world, leaving the remaining 1,500 in the warmest regions of the world! So of course this will skew the data to make it appear as though there is a rise in temperatures!

Scientific data has proven that over the past 11 years, the world has been in a global cooling trend! Other news stories as of late, such as, "Climate Gate", (everyone Google that, or go to YouTube and do a Search), have shown that these global warming, "the sky is falling and we're all gonna die!", liberals, have been fudging data, in other words, lying to the public about this supposed global warming!

"Never waste a good crisis" <---- Hillary Clinton. Spoken like a true liberal.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
So much for it not turning political? Who said that? The topic itself has everything to do with politics as it is the liberal democrats in Congress who rammed this mandated ethanol in gasoline down everyone's throats. Why? Because, "the sky is falling and we're all gonna die!", because of supposed, "global warming", even though we just had a brutally cold winter with record amounts of snow. The liberals claim that global warming is now causing the cold and snow storms. So, if things are, "unseasonably warm", the liberals claim it's caused by global warming. If it's cold and snows a lot, the liberals claim that too is caused by global warming. lol They want it both ways!

I was listening to a radio program recently and the guest pointed out that climatologists have been keeping tabs on global temperatures since the early 1960's with about 6,000 temperature monitoring stations all around the world. Since then, about 4,500 of them have been closed, but get this, most of those 4,500 closed temperature monitoring stations were in the coldest regions of the world, leaving the remaining 1,500 in the warmest regions of the world! So of course this will skew the data to make it appear as though there is a rise in temperatures!

Scientific data has proven that over the past 11 years, the world has been in a global cooling trend! Other news stories as of late, such as, "Climate Gate", (everyone Google that, or go to YouTube and do a Search), have shown that these global warming, "the sky is falling and we're all gonna die!", liberals, have been fudging data, in other words, lying to the public about this supposed global warming!

"Never waste a good crisis" <---- Hillary Clinton. Spoken like a true liberal.

Global temps have been falling. Now the global warming people have decided to base global warming on glacier melt... Glaciers will keep melting unless we have another ice age. Anything to keep their donations coming in, and people control politics on the forefront.

BTW remember the 70's when we were all going to die in the next ice age that was right around the corner?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RogerDodger1
It's rare I've heard an argument with such flawed logic. Congratulations.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

The part that gets me is.... the gas companies put 10% ethanol in the gas to "stretch the use of gas". If this makes the cars get 10-15% lower gas mileage, we're back to square one because the ethanol makes the cars burn more gas in the first place. Plus the cars run cleaner on pure gas. Doesn't really make sense. Leave the corn for cow feed.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
Leave the corn for cow feed.
And backyard BBQs!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:28 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
Leave the corn for cow feed.
Actually, grass is a much better feed for cows, but the same farming subsidies that get you ethanol in your gasoline also get you your corn fed been.

Quick Reply: 100% gasoline vs.May contain 10% percent ethanoll