Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bama tuning at american muscle?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:05 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

How come everyone go the AM email about Bama besides me? :x
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

The way to get the free tunes:

1. Call the number... 1-888-226-9764
2. Give them some info, your name, email, vehicle info
3. They send/give you an Order # and a website
4. Go to the site and place your order.

This only works if you previously purchased a tuner from Bama or AM
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

So what about all those past customers you hear from on here talking about having to get paypal to refund their entire amount after 2 months of not hearing from him? or what about his other past customers waiting ungodly amounts of time for an email tune they paid for? I could care less for the guy. I have a brenspeed tune. I wouldn't fool with the nonsense of Doug's tune and all that hassle. There's plenty of tuners out there: brenspeed, vmp, tillman, just to name a few.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Well, he is partnered up with American Muscle now, it's a different situation now. I don't know him nor have I used his tunes. All I've heard is that he does great auto tunes and at least I know he is being backed by a reputable vendor. As for his past situation, I can't answer for that.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Time to step it up Brenspeed, my SCT purchase is swaying towards AM now..
Old 03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

He had several problems in the past. Paypal locked his account for over a month and couldnt refund any money. thats what you probably heard. have you followed up on the story yet?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:57 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NOLA26
Is a Bama tune better than a Brenspeed?

I don't think so. My Brenspeed tune has a lot more low end and does not clunk when downshifting like my bama tunes did. The only difference in shifting is the bama tune is much more harsh. It may "feel" cool, but I worry about the life of the trans like that. Also my Brenspeed hot rod tune never had idle issues and off idle response is fast and perfect. My bama tune had idle issues for weeks and never felt near as good off idle. It had more of a lag to it.

I mean, the bama tune is not bad by any means. It served me well for a long time and Doug is a super guy. But I find my Brenspeed tune to be better in several areas.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
Time to step it up Brenspeed, my SCT purchase is swaying towards AM now..

I don't know what you mean by that. Step it up how? Brenspeed makes some of the best tunes and that I like quite a bit more than my bama tunes. Not only that, they are a performance shop. They install and tune and really know their ****. AM is a retail outlet only that sells anything and everything. So you can't really compare the two. Also, Brenspeed is building their own engines now in their new shop.

Brenspeed has MORE than stepped it up. Just look at their new shop. Also, I don't know of anyone else that has a furnished guest house to stay at while a build is being done, even if it takes a few days.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I noticed my Bama race tune has alot more mid and top end pull than my standard Brenspeed tune. I can top it out seemingly just as fast as I get on it @ 80mph.

Thats great that he's back in business!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:17 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
I don't know what you mean by that. Step it up how? Brenspeed makes some of the best tunes and that I like quite a bit more than my bama tunes. Not only that, they are a performance shop. They install and tune and really know their ****. AM is a retail outlet only that sells anything and everything. So you can't really compare the two. Also, Brenspeed is building their own engines now in their new shop.

Brenspeed has MORE than stepped it up. Just look at their new shop. Also, I don't know of anyone else that has a furnished guest house to stay at while a build is being done, even if it takes a few days.
Calm down partner, no need to get your panties all in a bunch!

Quick Reply: bama tuning at american muscle?