Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FRPP 4.6L 3V intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

Has anyone heard any news about this intake yet?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

If Im not mistaken, I thought my hubby told me he could get one of these now, going through the parts counter at the dealership he works (he's a tech). I didnt think they were not available yet. We are planning on doing this mod too. Actually know a couple stang friends looking at this set up!! Since I already have the Hot Rod Cams, this should wake up my stang nicely!!!! We decided to go this route rather than doing a head swap. At $599 list price, going to have save up for this puppy!!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Ive read thier not available till may and I dont think anyone is tuning for it yet so it'll require a dyno tune which is expensive if your not done modding .....that being said I still want to see how it performs, I think it'll look sweet with the polished TB they have. I'm thinking about getting the new brenspeed cams rather than hot rods though.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:23 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Mike- I will be in good shape when we eventually install this set up - it will be the 3rd ride on the Dyno for my stang. Good thing is that my tuner charges $80 per hr after he does the first initial tune of your car (which cost me $350 at that time). So hopefully it will not take him more than 2 hrs, if and when he gets acclimated with tuning for this mod. Im happy with the Hot Rod cams. I really wanted the Comp Thumpers but hubby made a good point; my stang is a chicks car so he didnt want it too radical and Im glad I listened to him; its perfect for me!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
DLZ314
2nd Gear Member

Anyone got this installed with some tangible results yet?
I just love to add things to my wish list, HA!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

That's an awesome package FRPP has there. BTW, FRPP ported heads using the new head design (2008+) cost 1K per head. They're cheaper, somehow, than the ported old head design.

What's interesting is they say they saw a 40 HP increase w/ the intake manifold at 6800 RPM. I'm guessing the test engine had FRPP cams and heads, but 6800 RPM!? That seems a little high for stock springs to handle. I didn't think they could go that high.

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 04-19-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
That's an awesome package FRPP has there. BTW, FRPP ported heads using the new head design (2008+) cost 1K per head. They're cheaper, somehow, than the ported old head design.

What's interesting is they say they saw a 40 HP increase w/ the intake manifold at 6800 RPM. I'm guessing the test engine had FRPP cams and heads, but 6800 RPM!? That seems a little high for stock springs to handle. I didn't think they could go that high.
I honestly thing that the NSR cams are going to take their tole on cars and they will have prings breaking sooner than later. Time will tell.

I need to see some resutls from this manifold before i get my springs and manifold. Not sure if i want this or the C&L. decision decisions
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

6800rpm is not out of line. Yes, it will certainly wear out the car faster but it's totally doable. These cars rev to 6500rpm no problem and when you shift at that rpm the revs usually jump up to 6800rpm for a second

....that's also the set rev-limiter for a lot of aftermarket tunes
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I don't know for sure, but it looks like mine shifts at 6300-6400. Whatever Brenspeed normally puts is what I have. That range is what it looks like to me from a quick glance.

I'd feel better about it with some better springs and jesel roller followers, but I thought stiffer springs messes with the VCT and I don't like the idea of locking it out or even limiting it.

I hope someone will test the FRPP manifold with LT + hot rods so I can guess what it may do for me. Then there's the issue of getting Brenspeed to tune it. I guess the tuning would not be a whole lot different from the C&L.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i dont it would differ to much.

And yeah i will be going to the lockout route with mine. engines are so advanced these days. It brings good and bad things to the table really.

Quick Reply: New FRPP 4.6L 3V intake manifold