Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:44 PM
PonyBred

I'd definitely get something down in writing saying that you brought the issues to their attention before your warranty expired. From all my dealings with Ford I really think they are purposely trying to misdiagnose or delay fixing issues until warranties expire and then charge people for the repairs. Still waiting to hear back from the attorney general, I'll post what the outcome is.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:51 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

If I were you I would seriously consider going to another dealer!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PonyBred
I'd definitely get something down in writing saying that you brought the issues to their attention before your warranty expired. From all my dealings with Ford I really think they are purposely trying to misdiagnose or delay fixing issues until warranties expire and then charge people for the repairs. Still waiting to hear back from the attorney general, I'll post what the outcome is.
Not true. Our dealership has been with Ford for over 80 years, and "Fixed right first time" is a very important metric for the service department. Ford checks surveys constantly for how well a dealership handles customer issues. I'd work them and find out who the zone rep is for service in your area.
Good luck, I am sorry for your troubles.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

You need a different dealership. Unfortunately, Ford takes the word of the Dealership over anything you have to say.

I had to fight Ford and the Dealership for 3 ****ing months to get paint/rust/underspray damages on my Expedition fixed. It still isn't fixed 100%...but I plan on ditching the Expy after about 3yrs.

But not 4 miles down the road, there is another Dealership who I will be taking my business to. I had Warranty work done there in my F-150 and those guys are the professionals you wish for...but typically never recieve.

In the front of your Owners Manual, there is a 1-800 #. Call that and file an Official Complaint. They will schedule the regional manager to come out and review your case. In my case, they had to fly the Manager from California out here to Hawaii to review my case.

be persistent. the issue is the Dealership. Ford makes them jump through hoops. So most would rather lie/avoid the issue than to do the right thing
Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Said they don't give out rental cars anymore unless you have the extended warranty. I think its bs.
been that way since at least 2006. Ford Motor Co. will only pay for 5 days of Rental Car if you have the Premiumcare ESP.

and nothing else.

if you have ever gotten a loaner/rental and didn't have the ESP...you should really thank your Dealership. They did that out of their own dime.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:18 PM
PonyBred

I have gone to a different dealership, they're actually the ones the correctly diagnosed the problem. However, since it was the first dealership that screwed up, my new one won't pay for the repair since they say my car is now out of warranty. It's all very annoying.

I did also call the Ford support number. They basically told me that there is no regional service employee in charge of local dealerships. They said that all warranty issues are handled by the individual dealerships and there is nothing they can do. Personally I think that's crap, but its what they told me
Old 03-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

somebody at that 1-800 # is lying...or just a retard.

call them back, and File a Complaint. you won't get ahold of anybody important on the phone. but the complaint starts a process where they'll schedule stuff for you and review the case.