Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stoked with my Brenspeed Tune!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
you're welcome.....so how many black marks have you left on the street in front of your house with all the new found power...LOL!!

now that the weather is getting better, you'll have to meet up with us sometime at an event..
Cameron,

HAH HAH ~ Quite a few! Even my wife left some tire marks, un-intentionally!! LOL

Hopefully, the weather will start warming up and the sun will stay out a little longer these days. I am so ready for Spring!! Bring it!!!

Yeah, def. let me know when the next event is! BTW, I'll be out of town the week of Spring break (4/3 - 4/11) in San Antonio, TX, however I will be around before and after. let me know. ;-)

Take care bro,
Kevin
Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
spikeram

Default Tuner

Originally Posted by SUP3R D4VE
spike you should make a couple of 0-60 or quarter runs before and after the tune and let us know what the difference is!

You guys are going to ruin my marriage! All i want to do is put money into the stang now..lol My goal for a tune is this summer, im so jealous right now!
That is an excellent idea Dave.Hadn't thought about that and will do it. Still waiting on the delivery. One question for everybody. I forgot to inform Brenspeed that my car has 18 inch wheels now instead of the original 17's. Does that matter or not.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Cameron,

HAH HAH ~ Quite a few! Even my wife left some tire marks, un-intentionally!! LOL

Hopefully, the weather will start warming up and the sun will stay out a little longer these days. I am so ready for Spring!! Bring it!!!
Well, at least your leaving tire marks in style with those rims
Old 04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

I installed my JLT 110mm CAI and Brenspeed 91 Octane tune this weekend. I can honestly say with the high expectations I had, I'm a little disappointed. It doesn't really feel like that big of a difference. I had been reading that this would be a HUGE difference, but I guess I don't feel it. I don't know if there is a more aggressive tune that can be done or what, but so far it hasn't made a drastic improvement in power. The CAI does look awesome under the hood, and the customer service from Brenspeed has been excellent, just not sure how much of a difference in power it made.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sure you put the intake on good? If you went 87 stock to 87 tuned, you'll probably see more of the difference there. Also autos tend to feel it more than manual. Don't know what you have.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:57 AM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

The intake was installed properly, for sure. I have always used 91 octane, as this is the highest we can get at any station around here. My car is a 5 speed manual.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

For an otherwise stock car you should have went with a smaller intake. 110mm intake is overkill.

Ex: the 95(or w/e)mm C&L racer actually makes less power than the 83mm C&L street on a stock car

This could be a reason you're dissatisfied.....?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You can try discussing with brenspeed and see what they can advise or adjust to suit your needs.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

That intake was made for serious bolt on cars with cams, headers, cmdp's, and heads. Or supercharged applications.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

yeah, I wondered about this before I bought it, since it is such a big intake. I called Brenspeed, and emailed them about it also. They assured me that they tested this intake, and that there was no disadvantage to this intake being so big, and that it would perform just as well as any other. They told me that the only thing is that it could be better in the future if I got more mods, that it would support more. But nothing that would take away from anything as of now. I'll send em an email to see what they think.

Quick Reply: Stoked with my Brenspeed Tune!