Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bama or Brenspeed tune???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 PM
rpmathe

Default Bama or Brenspeed tune???

All,

O.K., I'm kinda new to the whole 'tune' thing, understand it, but new to it. Power and better fuel economy is great!!! Here's the question, Do I go with Bama over at American Muscle, or go to Brenspeed??? I have to buy the SCT tuner, so it looks like I get first free tune from both. Bama says free tunes for life, but I think Brenspeed is the same deal?!?!?!? I'm running a 2010 GT with a C & L no tune right now, so before I install tune, I'll have to pull the sleeve out.

I've heard many great things about both tuners, So, back to the original question, Which Tune is better???

http://home.earthlink.net/~rpmathews...ustang%204.jpg
Old 03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I have Brenspeed and love it. I have not had a chance to try Bama's yet. Going to be a tough choice, as they are both top rated. The only thing I can see right now is that to get updated tunes from Brenspeed, you have to buy the parts from them. From what I read about Bama @ AM, you get free tunes for life and does not have the same restriction.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed has better customer service from my experience. I liked my brenspeed tunes over the bama tune anyway. Brenspeed also has way more knowledge IMO and they test every part they sell. So whoever you talk to at brenspeed knows every product very well. I buy all my parts from brenspeed even if its a little more expensive because they are a stand up company and that's the kind of company I would want to buy from.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:17 PM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

+1 I love my Brenspeed tune
Old 03-14-2010, 10:25 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Both are great, but my vote goes to Brenspeed. My tune overall feels better and they're great to work with.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Well we know a 2005-2009 CAI/Tune Only Car on stock tires can go 12's with Bamachips and VMP Tuning Mailorder Tunes. Still waiting on Brenspeed (Although I think its more none of his customers will step-up and "Gitter Done" than an issue with his tunes). If you have one of the top 20-30 tuners in your area I would use whoever is local. AmericanMuscle/Bamachips (Same Company now) gives free tunes for life on your existing car no matter where you buy your future mods. I think most of the others require you to buy your parts from them to get a free retune.

I followed my own advice as I was only about 90 minutes from Doug (Bamachips) in Jasper if i had needed to "drop in" to have an issue fixed.

That said if I really had to step up and pick one it would be be Justin at VMP Tuning.

PS Why did you add an intake to a stock 2010? Stock it flows almost as well as a Bullitt/FRPP.

Last edited by Gene K; 03-14-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed, they actually have customer service. They will return calls and emails unlike others. I have their tune and it's great.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:22 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I just received my SCT Tuner from Brenspeed and had a very good experience working with them! I loaded the 87 tune and it is absolutely amazing!!!

Brenspeed has excellent customer service and they reply quickly to any questions you may have.

Two thumbs up for Brenspeed!

Good luck with your choice.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Fleming23

Originally Posted by Gene K
PS Why did you add an intake to a stock 2010? Stock it flows almost as well as a Bullitt/FRPP.
The Stock "Cold Air Intake" only flows 800 CFM while the C&L flows 1137 CFM. The 2010 CAI does flow better than the 05-09 stock units but still not nearly as well as an aftermarket intake.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
rpmathe

Thanks Fleming23, you beat me to the punch!!!! The sound is much better also!!!!

Quick Reply: Bama or Brenspeed tune???