Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the new wheels put on...now I need new springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I can tell you what it is!!! Yur body kit is very aggressive and is almost overpowering for rather conservative stock wheels. They look great but your eyes were used to the aggressive 20's with lips that I believe you had before. They still look awesome though. Just need to have your eyes adjust to the new look. I had the same issues with the Alcoas, full faced versus the 5 " lip deep dishes I had on before.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:43 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
I got the wheels mounted on the car...and I am having a hard time adjusting. I am not really sure what seems to be the issue....I am wondering if it is the way the car sits now. I am thinking a new set of Eibach Pro-kit springs will help. The rear end is squatted down too much, the front not enough. I have roush springs on the rear only....I have to change this. Sorry for the quickie shot, I was kinda in a hurry.
If it helps any, here's a photo of my car with the full Roush suspension...

www.flickr.com/photos/bigstick/4449781520
Old 03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
I can tell you what it is!!! Yur body kit is very aggressive and is almost overpowering for rather conservative stock wheels. They look great but your eyes were used to the aggressive 20's with lips that I believe you had before. They still look awesome though. Just need to have your eyes adjust to the new look. I had the same issues with the Alcoas, full faced versus the 5 " lip deep dishes I had on before.
i agree with Joe. Because you JUST noticed this as you JUST put on the new rims right??? this would make sense.

Either way the wheels do look real good Shella!! Glad you finally got them on. Let me know if you plan on getting rid of the nitto's haha
Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Yo Shella! Is that pic taken immediately after you had the tires and wheels installed? Sometimes the suspension needs a little exercise after having it sprung while on the lift. Also, run those tires a bit to get the "skin" off from them sitting on a rack and see if the handling improves any.

And I love your pink calipers. They go well with you in the car.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

I like the pink calipers. I'd go lower than the 1" drop personally with something like Eibach Sportline or H&R SS.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

shella any more pics yet
Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

car looks great Shella...congrats on the new wheels!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:52 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Mellow, I think you are right! After looking at the wheels from many different angles, I think you hit the nail on the head. I am used to 1. looking at 20's, and 2. looking at deep dish wheels with that lip that is now gone. I have had some time to be around the car and even took it on a roadtrip this weekend. I think I am starting to get used to the new look. I am still thinking a new full set of springs is not a bad idea...

Originally Posted by Allstar
i agree with Joe. Because you JUST noticed this as you JUST put on the new rims right??? this would make sense.

Either way the wheels do look real good Shella!! Glad you finally got them on. Let me know if you plan on getting rid of the nitto's haha
Allstar, I really looked at the Invos after I took them off. I can't remember if you wanted the fronts or rears, but the rears do have quite a bit more wear than the fronts. The fronts actually look really good. I will be selling them because I am going to hang onto these new wheels for a while.

Originally Posted by Nuke
Yo Shella! Is that pic taken immediately after you had the tires and wheels installed? Sometimes the suspension needs a little exercise after having it sprung while on the lift. Also, run those tires a bit to get the "skin" off from them sitting on a rack and see if the handling improves any.

And I love your pink calipers. They go well with you in the car.
I did take that picture immediately afterwards....when I get another day off from work (and the car is clean, lol), I'll take a new set of pictures.

Btw....I love the pink too. So much in fact that I am hesitant to install the Brembo brake set I have sitting in the garage.

Originally Posted by iDance
I like the pink calipers. I'd go lower than the 1" drop personally with something like Eibach Sportline or H&R SS.
Lower than 1" ?!? Wouldn't my car be basically sitting on the ground? Lol

Originally Posted by deekum1627
shella any more pics yet
Soon as I can get it cleaned up.....I move slow. Lol.
Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
car looks great Shella...congrats on the new wheels!
Thanks Cameron.

Last edited by SaddleUp; 03-22-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

Well it would be a 2" drop. You'd kill that tire gap.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Mellow, I think you are right! After looking at the wheels from many different angles, I think you hit the nail on the head. I am used to 1. looking at 20's, and 2. looking at deep dish wheels with that lip that is now gone. I have had some time to be around the car and even took it on a roadtrip this weekend. I think I am starting to get used to the new look. I am still thinking a new full set of springs is not a bad idea...

Allstar, I really looked at the Invos after I took them off. I can't remember if you wanted the fronts or rears, but the rears do have quite a bit more wear than the fronts. The fronts actually look really good. I will be selling them because I am going to hang onto these new wheels for a while.

I did take that picture immediately afterwards....when I get another day off from work (and the car is clean, lol), I'll take a new set of pictures.

Btw....I love the pink too. So much in fact that I am hesitant to install the Brembo brake set I have sitting in the garage.

Soon as I can get it cleaned up.....I move slow. Lol.

Thanks Cameron.
Haha glad its working out now.

And yeah luck for me I just need the fronts :-) let me know how much you want for them and when you want to get rid of them.. my rims are on back order still so.......................................... ugh lol

Quick Reply: Got the new wheels put on...now I need new springs