Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this forum, just wanted to say HEY!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Default New to this forum, just wanted to say HEY!!

Lets see...ordered my 2005 in October and got it in April. Dealer says it's the first they've seen with the interior upgrade package Charcoal / Red Leather and asked if they could put it in the showroom for a couple of weeks (you gotta be kiddin' me). Pretty interesting start I think. Fast forward to now. I am fairly unimpressed with this car. I got the automatic due to having a bad leg and clutching in traffic just sucks. Engine seemed to be strong enough but the tranny just didn't make good use of it. Very mushy shifts and it never seemed to be in the right gear at slow speeds, resulting in very hard kick downs when it really wasn't needed. As hard as I tried I could not get this car to break the back end loose. Great for 0-60 times but lousy for an old gear head who wants to be able to use some personal skill to keep it hooked up. In came Brenspeed. After some searching and a lot of Q's I decided they seemed to be my best bang for the buck. Purchased the Excalibrator with the Brenspeed program and the C&L cold air intake. Had allready been to the strip and gotten baselines on the stock car. One of the programs I requested was with the stock airbox w/ K&N and 93 octane. WOW. The car violently barks second in drive and snaps your head back going into third. Throttle response is tight and the tranny seems to be in the right gear when it needs to be. I even get descent compression braking where before there was NONE. Add C&L intake. Load 87 octane program. Performs identical to the 93 octane with stock box and K&N. Load 93 octane with C&L. I feel like this car finally is able to do what all the pre-sale ads from Ford said it could do. Will ignite the rear wheels on launch, leaves three foot marks shifting into second, barks third with authority. Going back to the strip tonight to see what a difference in the numbers all this makes.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:08 PM
05SonicBlue
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New to this forum, just wanted to say HEY!!

Welcome to the forum! Did u get a dyno run with just a tune, no CAI? If so, what was the HP gain? Thanks
Old 07-29-2005, 05:25 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

No Dyno avail near me. Work with strip times. I am going to the strip tonight but have allready installed the whole package. I sorta wish would have waited to get numbers on the tune with the stock air box but seeing that new air plenum in the shop was more than I could take.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Welcome Ghost, great first post! [No rhyme intended] Keep us updated on what that bad boy can do!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:42 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

welcome !

what kind of numbers were you pulling at the track stock?
Old 07-29-2005, 06:05 PM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

WELCOME TOO!!!

I'm a fellow Satin Silver w/auto owner and love to see the performance that you have produced from your ride...

Take a picture of your car sometime and post it here...

Good Luck, Dave

[IMG]local://upfiles/15982/C908897CF6C6463598121CE9DBFDCC1A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-29-2005, 06:41 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum! Glad you were able to get your car working right. I found that I was able to get my car to do pretty much what the magazines and Ford said it would so no complaints here. (13.60 @ 105.2 mph) At any rate, enjoy the ride. There are many knowlegable people here.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:53 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Bone stock I had a best of 13.62 @103 mph. As to the rest I was playing with the image download so I hope it comes through, if not I'll keep playing.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:15 PM
LIVNBIG
1st Gear Member

COOL name Ghost..Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 07-30-2005, 12:42 AM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

OK... back from the track. Went to a local grudge match track that is only 1/8th mile. Had a lot of problems with wheel-spin causing bad reaction times. My best was .87, struggling with pre-loading the auto. Track condition was slick due to VERY high humidity here. But that aside I ran a best of 8.8sec @ 86.19mph. Remember this is on the 1/8th mile. Neet side note: There was a Roush stage one that was pretty much my exact same car with the roush kit on it. One lane got closed due to oil on the track so we couldn't go side by side but he turned a speed of 72mph and beat my reaction time. And then he drove right out the front gate so i never got to talk to him again. He was a lot of talk prior to our first run.

Quick Reply: New to this forum, just wanted to say HEY!!