Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

well they'll argue it's your fault because of the remote start but if they had the ebrake on it just would have stalled, maybe jumped a curb, but wouldn't have ghost ridden off into a pond

bottom line it was in their possession, they were operating it, it's on their property, and they left it with the ebrake off so it's their fault.

that car is done, you can't fix that but that's why you, and the dealer, have insurance. they totaled your car so their insurance will cover your claim. don't worry about the deductible, since you're not at fault the other insurance company has to cover it. the fight will be covering all your mods and paying you enough to get a new car. ideally what needs to happen is you get a new car along with the extra money to mod it the same way your old car was, that's when lawyers might have to get involved.

personally if the dealer is putting up any resistance don't even bother dealing with them, just work with your insurance company, they already have lawyers and that's what they do. I'd get to know why insurance rep real well and you'll have to be a squeaky wheel or they'll drag their feet. and remember you don't have to agree to everything, they can't force you to settle, drag it out for months if you have to. I had a claim when my first car was stolen, I dragged that out for 6 months till I got the money I wanted for it. sucks but don't let them push you around.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Bird1606
1st Gear Member

That is absolutely heartbreaking. Good luck in the fight that ensues and let us know how it goes. I think everyone here is hoping for a new 2011 GT for you.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:35 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Yes Brandon Ford on Hwy 60 and 301.

CSS996 Oh man... That's rough. I bet they don't give you a new one without a fight. Be ready.

And change your screen name.

Ya my insurance company rep said the same thing when I told him my email address which is the same luckydawg003.
Hopefully Ford will handle it. If not my insurance will get the money from them. It was on their property in their back fenced in lot. The Service guy had the keys. Not my fault if he doesn't know how to just unlock a car instead of hitting my remote start button twice.
I think I'll look up attorneys tomorrow just to make sure I don't get screwed here. Sucks that my car is underwater though.

Last edited by wilkinda; 03-21-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: See my last post in this thread
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM
MstngShelbyGT07

I don't think remote starters are suppose to be installed on manuals.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:26 PM
nj07
2nd Gear Member

Buddy its going to be fine sucks that brandon ford did this but I believe your going to be taken care.

Last edited by wilkinda; 03-20-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Personal jab had nothing to do with this thread
Old 03-20-2010, 07:31 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

They'll give you the value of the car + cover rental. No worries.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:33 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

That's exactly why it never made sense to me having a remote start with a manual transmission.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
That's exactly why it never made sense to me having a remote start with a manual transmission.
Seems like every car i know with a remote start on a manual has started it in gear.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:08 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

kinda funny, my buddy had remote start on his hyundai. one day he was working on his nitrous install and hit the button to unlock it and accidentally started it in gear. lol, the car pinned him against the wall as it chugged and tried to start for 10 seconds. he was ok, more embarrassed than anything.

I personally wouldn't install a remote start on my car since it's manual and I just don't think I would use it enough to be worth the money. but if I did do it I'd just get a neutral switch so if it wasn't left in neutral it just wouldn't start.

all I want it auto-down windows so I can let the heat out before I get into the car
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

This is, by far, the crazy (est) story I've heard lately. Please keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!