Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

For what it's worth, I have been a Brandon Ford Customer for many years. I was dealing with them when they were the old Performance Ford on Hillsborough ave. That's where they really got a bad rap. But that's another story. Sorry but I have to agree with the others, if you installed this remote start incorrectly, it will never hold up in court. Brandon Ford is on e of the largest Ford dealers in the country, and I'm sure has the best lawyers money can buy. I wish you all the best, but you will never win in court. And like someone else said Ford Motor Co. has nothing to do with this problem.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
I did car stereo and alarms professionally for 10 years, and due to the liability issues and car owner idiots in the world I would NOT install a remote starter on a manual transmission car. Even though safety switches were available, what happened in this thread detoured me from installing one. I didn't want the hassle and possible legal issues.

Even though, I agree that his case would never win in court as the safety devices were all bypassed.
I agree. Even though the other 4 cars I own are autos, I wouldn't waste my money on it. I think it's another form for being lazy, as if we don't have enough creature comforts in our lives.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I agree. Even though the other 4 cars I own are autos, I wouldn't waste my money on it. I think it's another form for being lazy, as if we don't have enough creature comforts in our lives.
It's different when you live up north though, it is nice to have remote start to warm it up in the winter if you are in a rush and can't or don't want to run outside. However, I would not install one on a manual transmission, and it isn't the dealerships fault that this happened.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Just an update. To this day Brandon Ford Dealer in FL is still denying any fault in totaling my car. My insurance subjugated a check to me for the cars value minus all my aftermarket mods. Which was a large amount of money out of my pocket.

It has been like 6 months and my insurance company is still trying to get them to pay them back with no luck. I probably won't sue because I'm to nice and to lazy to deal with the hassle of it all. I just wish they would have been nicer and offered me another used 07 mustang gt with similar mods to what I had. I mean they did total my car and ruin my entire month.

Because of this I know drive a pathetic pos 4 cylinder car that is slow as *****. But after Ford screwed me I still won't ever own one again unless this dealership steps up and takes responsibility for its mistake.
I am just sad that the insurance company actually paid you anything. I think you needed a bigger lesson learned.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Mustang#5
1st Gear Member

I do know a lot of people down here that put them in. Don't forget it's usually about 160 degrees when I get in my car after work. So it's nice to have a cool car when you get in. Me myself I'm to cheap to waste the fuel and have the car warm up. As far as hooking it up incorrect, I agree the dealer is not at fault.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
I am just sad that the insurance company actually paid you anything. I think you needed a bigger lesson learned.
lol i was thinking the same thing
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

I think you should be damn grateful actually. If your car struck another on the lot, guess who would be responsible for the damages...You. And thats a light scenario....

Think about a worse case scenario and it plowed a little kid instead of going into a lake. How would you feel then? I think your an idiot for bypassing the safety. I also think you're an idiot for giving the dealer the remote starter remote, knowing full well that you had disabled the safety.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Can this thread get locked already?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Just an update. To this day Brandon Ford Dealer in FL is still denying any fault in totaling my car. My insurance subjugated a check to me for the cars value minus all my aftermarket mods. Which was a large amount of money out of my pocket.

It has been like 6 months and my insurance company is still trying to get them to pay them back with no luck. I probably won't sue because I'm to nice and to lazy to deal with the hassle of it all. I just wish they would have been nicer and offered me another used 07 mustang gt with similar mods to what I had. I mean they did total my car and ruin my entire month.

Because of this I know drive a pathetic pos 4 cylinder car that is slow as *****. But after Ford screwed me I still won't ever own one again unless this dealership steps up and takes responsibility for its mistake.
I don't see why you are blaming Ford. The dealership.....maybe, but putting the blame on your mistakes on a car brand is crazy.
Ford didn't install the remote....you did, even though you knew there was potential of such of an event happening.
Now it has, you should own up to your mistakes and be thankful for the money the insurance company gave you!

Nuff said!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

This whole mess could have been avoided if people didn't think they had an absolute right for their life to be pampered - to the extent in this case that nothing else mattered.

If it holds you up for a minute or so to start the car warming up/cooling down- let the other stuff wait on it. Put a little slack in your schedule - whatever the other stuff is, it will still be there.

Norm

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!