Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Wow I would think he was joking, did you take any pics? I wouldn't be able to have a remote start then since it has to be in neutral with the e-brake because my e-brake is worthless therefor I leave my car in gear everywhere.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I'm just amazed that OP can't seem to take responsibility for his own stupidity. Neither Ford nor the dealership are at fault, as neither one installed the remote starter! Even the attendant is innocent. Like some of the others said you are lucky to even get one penny from your insurance company. Stop your Biatching and whining and move on.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

OP, thanks for putting a smile back on my face. It was kind of a bad morning.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Frankenthread...

Brought back from the dead, and now refuses to die!

Old 08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Just an update. To this day Brandon Ford Dealer in FL is still denying any fault in totaling my car. My insurance subjugated a check to me for the cars value minus all my aftermarket mods. Which was a large amount of money out of my pocket.

It has been like 6 months and my insurance company is still trying to get them to pay them back with no luck. I probably won't sue because I'm to nice and to lazy to deal with the hassle of it all. I just wish they would have been nicer and offered me another used 07 mustang gt with similar mods to what I had. I mean they did total my car and ruin my entire month.

Because of this I know drive a pathetic pos 4 cylinder car that is slow as *****. But after Ford screwed me I still won't ever own one again unless this dealership steps up and takes responsibility for its mistake.
I can't believe this "poor me I was screwed" mentality you continue to exhibit.

Ford was NOT the cause of your problem, the dealer was NOT the cause of your problem.

YOU WERE THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEM! You screwed up and by passed safety processes and now want to hold everyone but yourself responsible. You haven't hired an attorney because you are "to (sic) nice" is not the reason. No attorney will take a case like this because it is a loser and then you probably wouldn't pay the legal fees.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Luckydawg, your car is from Brandon Ford? Mine is too I found out a few weeks ago on the maintenance guide it has a sticker for Brandon Ford but my car was originally purchased in Miami when I lived down there.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
World Class IDIOT who cannot take responsibility for his own actions.

Be a man and suck it up. Between your behavior prior to the Remote Start install and the subsequent dunking, you have never gotten it have you?

You were warned multiple times that such a situation could occur. You ignored sage PROPHETIC advise.

You encouraged others to follow in your folly and 1/2-*** the install and deliberately defeat the neutral safety switch.

I hope you do "decide" to sue this dealership. Any drunken defense lawyer could hand you your behind in Court. You being a "nice guy" is bull****. You are just a little chicken who knows he hasn't a chance in Hell. But like the Ankle Biter you are, you can't quit yapping about it.

FMLIFE was a good title for this. You should be prevented from breeding. You will only dilute the Genetic Pool

What he said.
F!cking moron. That's why our car insurance is higher than it should be, thanks to companies paying claims on morons like this.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:43 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I like the remote start from a technology stand point. It's cool. Integrated with the proper security features, it could provide remote kills if your car were ever stolen. That said, they do need to be installed properly, which this doesn't sound like it was.

People need to get off their high-horse about the lazyness topic. I'm sure 99% of them still take their car for trips they could have biked or walked to. I'm no different.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:56 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I like the remote start from a technology stand point. It's cool. Integrated with the proper security features, it could provide remote kills if your car were ever stolen. That said, they do need to be installed properly, which this doesn't sound like it was.

People need to get off their high-horse about the lazyness topic. I'm sure 99% of them still take their car for trips they could have biked or walked to. I'm no different.
Remote for security reasons is a good idea but to start your car? Come on...just get off your lazy **** and go out like a man and start the darn thing! Be glad you live in this century where you have a car that has heat....other wise you would be riding on a horse or buggy with a blanket!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I SOOOO wish this thread would get deleted already.

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!