Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Old 03-20-2010, 04:45 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Angry Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!

Well today I went to pick up my car from ford because I'm having warranty stuff fixed like a bad clutch. Parts won't be in until Monday. So the service manager goes to get my car for me. 10 minutes of waiting he comes and gets me and tells me he has bad news about my car. I figured that maybe it wouldn't start or something. Turns out he remote started it with it in gear and no e brake up. The car took off, straight thru an empty parking spot jumped a curb and went underneath the metal fence and into a retention pond. By the time I got there all I could see were some bubbles of what used to be my car. The cops are using there scuba team to hook it up and tow it out of the pond now. All I know is Ford better give me a new Mustang, and not try to blame it on me and make my insurance pay for it. It sounded like the manager was trying to put the blame on me. He hit the remote start button twice to start it. Seriously who leaves a manual in gear with no e brake. Any advice.

Story continues on post 171

https://mustangforums.com/forum/6902249-post171.html

Last edited by howarmat; 03-25-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:48 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I dunno, but there would be blood on the ground somewhere...
Old 03-20-2010, 04:48 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

That is horrible man I would annihilate that guy.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:49 PM
pentavolvo
2nd Gear Member

holy ****, i bet they are gonna try and say somethin to the extent of an unsafe remote start install
Old 03-20-2010, 04:51 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Sue them for a super snake lol
Old 03-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Wow, you weren't even driving your car so I do not see how your insurance would be at fault.. he had the keys he was completely responsible.. and the dealership Im sure has insurance for faults on their property
Old 03-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Although I suspect they'll do you right since THEY were the last ones to park it (right?), just be prepared for a possible fight. Contact an attorney just to get some advice at this point. But I'd definately EXPECT a replacement vehicle after this on THEIR dime.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:52 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Well today I went to pick up my car from ford because I'm having warranty stuff fixed like a bad clutch. Parts won't be in until Monday. So the service manager goes to get my car for me. 10 minutes of waiting he comes and gets me and tells me he has bad news about my car. I figured that maybe it wouldn't start or something. Turns out he remote started it with it in gear and no e brake up. The car took off, straight thru an empty parking spot jumped a curb and went underneath the metal fence and into a retention pond. By the time I got there all I could see were some bubbles of what used to be my car. The cops are using there scuba team to hook it up and tow it out of the pond now. All I know is Ford better give me a new Mustang, and not try to blame it on me and make my insurance pay for it. It sounded like the manager was trying to put the blame on me. He hit the remote start button twice to start it. Seriously who leaves a manual in gear with no e brake. Any advice.
1st, sorry to hear this, Wow. Ford may try to argue it was not properly installed with A.) Ebrake input - needs to see neg to start and/or B.) A remote start that has a manual mode that requires an exit procedure to ensure the car is in neutral and the ebrake is on. That's why car audio dealers make sure there are hood pin switches, etc, etc so they are not liable. Unfortunately they had your alarm remote and were able to do this. Only advice is to push them hard to take care of their mistake - I'm assuming this is an aftermarket RS.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

omg this scares me so much.. i have a remote start on my manual and my dad left it in gear one time.. long story short it almost hit my garage!!!! thank god he pulled the ebrake up enough

anyway good luck dude.. sue them for ALL THEY GOT!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:57 PM
MythEyeLess
3rd Gear Member

dude thats heart breaking news. i agree with the guy who said to go look for an attorney that way if they do try and pull anything on you, you will have the upper hand on them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....updated!!