Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed's Custom Grind Camshaft (Code named the "Detroit Rocker")

Old 03-23-2010, 02:59 PM
hardcore302
2nd Gear Member

tune required?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:15 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

brenspeed, how do you think the cam you have out now would work with a blower, I know you have a blower cam coming out, I think there is alot of us that would like a lopey sounding cam that makes some power N/A and then when we wanna upgrade to a blower the cam would be compatible with the blower. I don't know how possible that is.

someone needs to make a start to finish video on cam installation, sr knight used zip ties and a broom handle to hold the sprocket then just just jambed the cam down my tightning each of the bearing caps really slowly and carefully, to me that sounds like a very easy way to do it, but I am still too chicken to do it.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:45 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

I think they sound just like my Hot Rod cams. So i'm wondering what the performance difference and profile is between the Hot Rods and these??
Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Fresh_GT
2nd Gear Member

This makes me also interested in comparison to other cams. It would be awesome to see some comparison dynos, but I guess thats a little hard for cams.

I'm no cam expert, but if the hot rod cams work well with SCs why wouldn't these? (see vid with Hot rod cams with wipple SC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tuue...layer_embedded
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

The intake and exhaust valve overlap is what gives cars that lopey idle that everyone loves. This helps increase volumetric efficiency in a N/A car because if the exhaust valve is closed, it is hard to fill the combustion chamber from the intake because its a closed system. However, in a forced induction setup, the intake air is being compressed first, so it doesn't need an open exhaust valve to fully fill the combustion chamber. When you have a large overlap with forced induction, you just leak a bunch of boost through the exhaust because the combustion chamber has already been filled. That is why really lopey N/A cams don't work that great with blowers.

Brenspeed, can you post a dyno graph of the before/after so we can see the results?
Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

^+1 that has to be one of the best straight forward descriptions of why N/A cams don't work with blowers.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:11 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Socal6r
do i have to get a tune for these
Every cam designed for the 3 valve engine require a new tune to adjust for idle/air.

Originally Posted by Kotobuki
Can we get some dyno sheets on these?
Everyone involved in the "Detroit Rocker" cam is away at a NMRA race in Georgia. Once they are back, we will get some before/after dyno graphs up.

Originally Posted by NOLA26
WOW!! That sounds awesome. What is the exhaust set up on that car?
That car is running an O/R H pipe and Flowmaster Classic axle backs.

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
These are billet cams... right? Do they require shims like re-grinds?

That Mustang sounds awesome!
These cams are not regrinds, these are machined by Comp Cams and they do not use regrinds. Shims are not required either, they install like every other NSR cam made by Comp Cams.

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
brenspeed, how do you think the cam you have out now would work with a blower, I know you have a blower cam coming out, I think there is alot of us that would like a lopey sounding cam that makes some power N/A and then when we wanna upgrade to a blower the cam would be compatible with the blower. I don't know how possible that is.
If you do not plan on getting the blower for a while, it would be more beneficial for you to run the NA cams now, and with the blower instead of going straight to blower cams without a blower. The blower cams will offer 10-15 more power on a blower car than the NA cams (3-4 HP more) but will also loose more low end torque. We have a ton of customers running NA cams on blower cars and the gains are great. You will still see 30 hp gains with the NA cam on a blower car.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Default First 40 orders receive FREE Brenspeed Detroit Rocker T-Shirt

I was just informed that the first 40 orders for Brenspeed's "Detroit Rocker" camshaft will receive a free Detroit Rocker T-shirt.

Hurry before they are all gone!

See the logo below.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
david01130
4th Gear Member

waiting for FI DR cam...
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Oh Crap. And I WAS about to pull the trigger on Hot Rods... That's all on HOLD.

Guess I need a Detroit Locker to handle the Rocker???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brenspeed's Custom Grind Camshaft (Code named the "Detroit Rocker")