Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed's Custom Grind Camshaft (Code named the "Detroit Rocker")

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
brian, is there any way you can post a dyno sheet, I think most of us would really like to see where these things are making the power.
We are trying to get some available but it has been insanely hectic around here since Georgia's NMRA event last week. I will post them as soon as I get some. Sorry for the delay.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

I can't wait for these cams to be available, I'm preordering them on Friday.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
rford426
4th Gear Member

soudns sick
Old 04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Yeah I can't wait to see the dyno charts.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

*Bump*

Any power numbers and/or news as to when these are going to be available, and for how much? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:05 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
*Bump*

Any power numbers and/or news as to when these are going to be available, and for how much? Thanks!
The video was just a teaser release. We are set to receive our first shipment of Detroit Rockers next week. Once received, we will install them on some shop cars and get some videos and dyno charts up. They will retail for less than $700. We are very booked in the shop and will probably install them after hours so we can get them available to you guys sooner. Once we get up some dyno charts, they will be available on the site.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
The video was just a teaser release. We are set to receive our first shipment of Detroit Rockers next week. Once received, we will install them on some shop cars and get some videos and dyno charts up. They will retail for less than $700. We are very booked in the shop and will probably install them after hours so we can get them available to you guys sooner. Once we get up some dyno charts, they will be available on the site.
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
If you do not plan on getting the blower for a while, it would be more beneficial for you to run the NA cams now, and with the blower instead of going straight to blower cams without a blower. The blower cams will offer 10-15 more power on a blower car than the NA cams (3-4 HP more) but will also loose more low end torque. We have a ton of customers running NA cams on blower cars and the gains are great. You will still see 30 hp gains with the NA cam on a blower car.
so if I am reading this correctly, the blower cams on an FI offer 40-45 whp, but the NA cams on a blower car will still add 30whp??

And this is with the stock springs/retainers without cam phasers limiters?

sounds impressive for a cam swap...

thats a nearly additional 100whp gain if I were to add an intercooler + these cams next year.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:15 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Ordered mine already.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
doctorj77
2nd Gear Member

I think a couple key questions here in talking about this 30hp is, are we talking rwhp or to the crank? Are we talking about degreeing these cams for maximum efficiency? Or just drop in like most other NA setups?

As for the profile, can you tell us how many degrees are these cams are out of spec compared to factory? I mean most typical NA cams are roughly 2-8deg out of spec anyway. Which means they can still be dropped in, but physically degreeing them is always a best practice. Just very time consuming.

I'd be very interested in seeing a profile comparison chart with the Rockers, Thumprs, and Hot Rods.

Last edited by doctorj77; 04-12-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed's Custom Grind Camshaft (Code named the "Detroit Rocker")