Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My prolong water leak problem has been found

Old 03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Post My prolong water leak problem has been found

I been writing and spitting fire for a while now. Long story short, after 10 tries to fix my water leaks (from passenger side to the drivers side) I believe they located the problem. A special tech by Ford was sent to review my case and take a look at this ongoing problem. They used my car in a class, in front of other techs to teach how these problems should be avoided. Turns out, he found where the trail of water was coming from (this is for the drivers side).

I left my car in last Thursday, and I don't think I will get it back for another week. They took it to body shop, and will take everything off the car and re-weld the joints that were factory welded together. That's why water kept coming in. Good job Ford. I know my case was a "special" one since many leaks were fixed by you, but this is just an FYI for those that keep have reoccurring problems. I had issues with this car five days after I bought it, on top of water leak issues. I couldn't file for lemon since my boss (I worked at a dealership) was on my *** about it. Ford lawyers finally responded to my lawyers so hopefully they will see the hell I been through. The car lost its economical value and it's been a burden.

Any questions you might have, fire away.

Best,

SS
Old 03-25-2010, 08:13 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
I couldn't file for lemon since my boss (I worked at a dealership) was on my *** about it.
First off, I hope your water issues are getting taken care of finally. In regards to the above quote, it sounds like what your boss did/is doing is illegal. As far as I've been informed, the dealerships actually don't really care if a car they sold gets lemon law'd. It's Ford's issue, not theirs. The dealership I worked with was very helpful. No offense, but your boss sounds like a d!ck. I'm sure if it were him having the issues he would have reacted differently.

In any case, good luck to you man.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I couldn't file for lemon since my boss (I worked at a dealership) was on my *** about it. Ford lawyers finally responded to my lawyers so hopefully they will see the hell I been through. The car lost its economical value and it's been a burden.
I don't get that at all. You didn't want to file for Lemon because you felt intimidated by your Boss, but went ahead and set your lawyers onto Ford ??

Isn't that a paradox?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Marcus, maybe that car went into a pond before.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
HAHAHAHAHA, nice, now I have to clean the Coffee off my keyboard LOL
Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
I don't get that at all. You didn't want to file for Lemon because you felt intimidated by your Boss, but went ahead and set your lawyers onto Ford ??

Isn't that a paradox?
Well, that was 3 years ago bro. I filed for lawsuit just a month ago. I wasn't intimidated, I was just reassured that the Service would be able to fix it.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
If that's the case, the question then becomes: is the water leaking in....or out?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Well, that was 3 years ago bro. I filed for lawsuit just a month ago. I wasn't intimidated, I was just reassured that the Service would be able to fix it.
Yeah, there was a time...a long long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) that I had the same feelings. I can remember thinking on the third or fourth time into the dealership for this issue thinking, "Okay, NOW they've figured it out. They have their SMART guys on this. I will finally be able to put this behind me."

On the 5th to 6th time back, that warm and fuzzy feeling was gone, and I was standing outside the dealership yelling and tearing up brand new carpet to show those idiots that it was still leaking.

If I had it to do all over again, it would have been Lemon Law, by the book; get the car in for as many repair attempts as is required by law as soon as possible. If they really do fix it, great. If they don't waste no time in getting rid of it (via the Lemon Law). The time I spent putting my faith in Ford to do right by me in the form of a repair is money I will never get back from them. Lesson Learned.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:24 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Ouch, 3 years ago !! I hope you have all the documentation about the failed attempts at fixes but even then, I dunno. What are you hoping to get from Ford at this time?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcuskeeler
Ouch, 3 years ago !! I hope you have all the documentation about the failed attempts at fixes but even then, I dunno. What are you hoping to get from Ford at this time?
To pay me for all the damages they caused? Besides the 10 attempts to fix a water leak, car had a new transmission replaced, clutch, drivetrain and other problems in over 3 years of owning it. The car is pretty worthless, in the long run it will rust and cause electrical corrosion. The car was in service for more than 40 days in these 3 years. They shouldn't have sold this POS I got stuck with. A car is an investment, that will last for a certain number of years. Not something you have to start taking to service after seven days of owning it.

I'm asking for at least 15k from them. At least. Heck, I still have about 15k left on the car (if I didn't put down 7k of cash towards it). It's the least they can do, for throwing **** into public.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My prolong water leak problem has been found