Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....Dealer Response

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam I am
Duh. Air brakes!

HAHA

Originally Posted by Joolander
uuuuh

what about when it rains?

You disable it with the toggle switch like it says you must in the owners book!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
Final post for me. On my Python 990 Alarm you have to press the remote start button TWICE to remote start my car. That's the red button with an asterisk. If the assistant service manager was trying to unlock my car like the Dealer said in his post. The remote has a nice little unlock symbol on the top right button. This assistant manager has retrieved my car before in the past with no incidence. I wouldn't have had a problem or posted so much negative press about Brandon Ford if they were apologetic for this accident. But they attacked and accused me from the start. Denying any fault of their own. Isn't possession 9/10th of the law. They had full possession of my car and remote. I kept my cool and didn't yell or scream or do anything to the people responsible for destroying my pride and joy in my mustang. I spent years modifying it and now its gone forever. Is it fair. NO. Was it fair that I got blown up in Iraq and severely wounded. NO but life isn't fair. Any advice I can give to future Ford Dealers Use the keys and not the customers alarm remote. Or if you take your car in for service only give them the key.
The best advice you could have actually given was to tell people NOT TO BYPASS safety features that could have prevented this whole thing.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Pete_Rockett
2nd Gear Member

"Service manager to all personnel: Attention! Joe Blow just brought his Mustang in. He has done a personal modification which includes a remote start that bypasses factory safty interlocks. His remote fob does NOT have a "remote start" button on it; he has rigged it to start by using the "unlock" button twice - which, as we all know, usually just unlocks both doors. Therefore, if you have occasion to come near this particular vehicle out of the hundreds on this lot and try to unlock it in the normal way, it alone of all these cars will start! Please remember to treat it differently from ALL THE OTHERS. That is all."
Old 03-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Where did he say it uses the unlock button to start? He didnt.
ITS THE RED BUTTON THAT LOOKS LIKE A PANIC BUTTON.
people please read
Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

"Service manager to all personnel: Attention! Joe Blow just brought his Mustang in. The mustang drove itself up and over the curve, busted down the fence like a hot knife through butter and took a dive into the retaining pond. I can still see the bubbles. Thank you and have a great day."
Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Where did he say it uses the unlock button to start? He didnt.
ITS THE RED BUTTON THAT LOOKS LIKE A PANIC BUTTON.
people please read
+1.

It gets annoying sometimes!
Old 03-27-2010, 03:35 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i am wondering when the dealership is going to ask for lucky's insurance to pay for damages to the fence
Old 03-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Pete_Rockett
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett
"Service manager to all personnel: Attention! Joe Blow just brought his Mustang in. He has done a personal modification which includes a remote start that bypasses factory safty interlocks. His remote fob does NOT have a "remote start" button on it; he has rigged it to start by using the "panic" button - which, as we all know, usually causes the horn to honk and lights to flash. Therefore, if you have occasion to come near this particular vehicle out of the hundreds on this lot and try to unlock it in the normal way, and your thumb slips to the wrong button, it alone of all these cars will start! Please remember to treat it differently from ALL THE OTHERS. That is all."
Yeah, read, people:

•The service personnel simply attempted to unlock the vehicle with the remote which led to the remote start event.

But let me grant your point and rephrase my post. See above.

Hmmm, still sounds...lame.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

can you imagine what the guy was thinking as the car started up and took off, wonder if he thought someone was in it.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:47 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

ummm I did have a handful of stuff today in both arms, talking to people and wanted to pop the trunk but accidentally hit the panic button. It DOES happen.

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....Dealer Response