Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line locks are in and wired up - successful test!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 PM
JimC

Default Line locks are in and wired up - successful test!

We put the line locks in over at my friend Joe's a couple of weekends ago (nice set up at his place, lift and everything you need to work on the car) and I finally had time to finish the wiring this weekend. Afterwards I asked my wife if she wanted to go for a little ride and make sure the line locks worked. Test was a success - stopped on a stretch of country road, pushed down on the brakes, hit the arm button, turned TCS off - stepped off the brake and on throttle.

Immediately started to turn the rear wheels no problem and car sat still. The street tires started smoking right away, it was a mile or so before the burnt rubber smell was out of the car (or at least my wife stopped noticing it).

Joe and Bill suggested using a momentary switch, but I couldn't find one anywhere so figured I'd have to either hold it for a momentary or reach up and turn it off so shouldn't be a problem with the rocker.

and armed:

The wiring is all inside loom so it doesn't stick out under the hood and keeps things looking neat (wow, with the picture I can really see where my nitrous lines were rubbing last year)

I ran it next to the catch can line to the under hood fuse box for power

and installed waterproof inline fuse

Now just need to give them and the DR's a good test at the track this weekend