Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock vs. Whipple

Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

both very nice kits tuff call. but i would like some whine so i would go with whipple
Old 04-18-2010, 09:32 PM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

8lb whipple, 10lb is too much if you are not one with deep pockets for possible breaks.

8lb whipple beats anything else, built one of each on roush,edlebrock and whipple.

Whipple was a beast at 8lb's

Roush with smaller pully, LT headers, no cats made 430rwhp

Not even a contest when condidering guys are over 500 with the whipple 10lb.

I wasn't there for the final dyno on the 8lb, but driving the car was off the charts fun.

The chrome kit when the hood was open was jaw dropping and the sound was amazing.

No such thing as a sleeper anymore....really hard to hide gear changes,tire widths and exhaust tone, I mean come on

Jeff
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
and heres Whipple reason #2

...and here's reason #3

Whipples are drop dead sexy lookin!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
that is not an entirely true statement. the 5 psi that edelbrock claims is average boost thru the rpms but they give you a peak hp number, which says to me sales pitch marketing. the actual peak boost on the eforce is around 10. so if you compare that to the 10 psi whipple the numbers will be very similar, depending on the tune. but that 5 psi claim just bugs me, it is at least partly false. my whipple on 8 psi makes 462 rwhp. you have to look further than the dyno numbers to make your decision. whipple comes with a gt500 fuel pump good for 600 rwhp, eforce does not. whipple has a great reputation, and is proven to make consistent dependable power. when buying a SC, you not only buy the SC itself the backing of the company that sells it. both will make substantial power, the eforce is cheaper, but IMO the whipple is a better more complete kit all things considered.
Whipple FTW!!!
A 10 lb whipple is more like 11.5. So let's be consistent about slamming marketing claims.

Edelbrock's boost is flat to roughly 5,000 rpm and then it ramps up. I have their 8lb pulley. It is 8 lbs to 5,000+ rpm and then it ramps higher similar to a centri. My boost peaks at about 11.5 at about 6,300 rpm.

Something else about Edelbrock that doesn't seem widely known....there are kits available that are just as complete as what Whipple is putting out. JDM, Brenspeed, and Tillman all put out Edelbrock kits that are every bit as complete as Whipple's, including GT500 dual fuel pumps.

All that said - I think here is not a bad choice to be made here. At similar boost levels, the power is roughly the same.

The biggest difference is in the sound these things make under WOT. Like whine (many people live for that)? Get the whipple. Don't like whine? Get the Edelbrock - you can barely hear it at all.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

The E-force is a great kit, but then again I am biased

And yes the E-force is indeed quiet along with stealthy under the hood, which is 2 of the main reasons I bought the kit. Adding to Shane comments, my base kit (with the largest pulley) starts at 5 and peaks around 8 at WOT.

Both are good kits. You just need to figure out which one fits you and your car.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

My name is Marcus and I'm a Whipple-holic.

That said, the Edlebrock is a fantastic looking setup and the attention to detail is impressive. I watched an E-Force install on some generic TV show and it's just so well thought out. I'm pretty sure my Border Collie could install One (if he had thumbs).
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 AM
davisr014
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
We have been 100% satisfied with the E-Force and what it has to offer. They produce great numbers, look great, and are backed by an excellent company who offers outstanding customer service. Our Staged packages have been put through rigorous testing on the dyno, street, and track before the were released to the public. With one of our staged packages, you will get Edelbrock's quality and our tested and proven setup. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Our kits are turn key too.

http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-musta...ercharger.html
I am running Brenspeed's Stage 1 and love it. Has mentioned earlier the system is very quite. I made 12.1 peak pressure, 460.9 HP and over 450 foot-lbs from 2900-5150. The customer service provided by Chandler and Dave was great.
Attached Thumbnails Edelbrock vs. Whipple-dsc01665_2_3.jpg   Edelbrock vs. Whipple-dsc01666_3.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

The Edelbrock is a nice kit, no doubt about it, but for me it comes down to roots vs. twin screw. Whipple FTW.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

seems like we've got alot of whipple boners in here
Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
A 10 lb whipple is more like 11.5. So let's be consistent about slamming marketing claims.

Edelbrock's boost is flat to roughly 5,000 rpm and then it ramps up. I have their 8lb pulley. It is 8 lbs to 5,000+ rpm and then it ramps higher similar to a centri. My boost peaks at about 11.5 at about 6,300 rpm.

Something else about Edelbrock that doesn't seem widely known....there are kits available that are just as complete as what Whipple is putting out. JDM, Brenspeed, and Tillman all put out Edelbrock kits that are every bit as complete as Whipple's, including GT500 dual fuel pumps.

All that said - I think here is not a bad choice to be made here. At similar boost levels, the power is roughly the same.

The biggest difference is in the sound these things make under WOT. Like whine (many people live for that)? Get the whipple. Don't like whine? Get the Edelbrock - you can barely hear it at all.
yes i am slamming marketing claims.
this is why. there is a margin of error mustang to mustang, 1-2 psi i can accept. but going from a claim of 5 psi to an actual 11 psi is not a margin of error, it is a direct marketing ploy, and that is the point i wanted to make. and i did also agree that both will make comparable power.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edelbrock vs. Whipple