Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the odds?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Exclamation What are the odds?

Never had a problem with ordering over the phone or online before.

Last time I ordered over the phone they got my address mispelled by one letter and had to correct it via UPS.

Guess what?
I ordered something online yesterday from a different company
and they did the SAME thing! even the same misspell.

And I looked on my reciept and on the reciept the address is correct!
They just misspelled it when contacting UPS!

I called UPS and they said sometimes companies do and sometimes they don't call them to correct mistakes, but that I could not do it the company itself had to do it.

Called the company and they said they would do it.
I guess I will see when I look at the tracking info tomorrow.
(last time it showed the change)

The first time it happened that company busted their butt to make sure it got here on time and it did.
I hope this company makes sure to correct it and get it here on time as well.

Anyways... even though it is a pain in the *** to see this happen again I thought it was a little funny....
But let me reenforce what I said.... A LITTLE funny.

Anyways... that's it.
Just a little bitchin with a laugh mixed in.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I had that happen with my Wii I bought when off ebay when it first came out. Started looking when it didnt show about 2 days after I thought it should. Showed delivered. They delivered it to 99 when I live in 44. The package was right, it was the currier that messed up. They had no idea where it was, I had to go check like 5 houses, cause where I lived at the time, theres 2 roads that make a loop and connect, so I tried the 44 on the other street, then the 99 on that street, the 144 on my street, then ended up at the 99 on my street.

They had ripped a hole in it, you could tell they were peaking, and had it in the middle of there living room. Wonder how many more days they would have waited before claiming it as there own.

The funny thing was the same thing happened with a golf bag I had ordered a year before. The funny thing was no one lived in the unit at that time and the UPS guy didnt bother to get a signature, so he left it at the back door of a vacant building.... Glad I found that one too.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Guys, your scaring me! I'm buying an intake off one of the members here and having it shipped to my college dorm room, hope they get the right college
Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

It's always good to double check stuff.
I ALWAYS ask for tracking numbers.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Stop your story is killing me tehehehehe
Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

If only someone could order a supercharger and accidentally put MY address....
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

good luck man.

I'm dealing with Tasca right now. I ordered a hood vent last week and it took them 1 full week to decide to ship it to me. and that was after 4 phone calls and several e-mails.

They have a great reputation in the F-150 world...hope I just had a bad initial experience. because I've never had an issue like this before when buying stuff online.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:14 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

UPS blows, I ordered some stuff from Roush last week, and of course, I didn't notice that it was signature required. I'm not home to sign for stuff since I have something called a job, they attempt to deliver it, send it back to the local warehouse. I call said warehouse to arrange an appointment to pick it up. Not a big deal, I was expecting to have to do it once I checked the tracking number and it said signature required. Only problem is this warehouse is 45 miles away from my house. Whatever, I'll drive 45 miles to get my stuff, not a huge deal. They told me it would be available on Monday after 9am. Ok, perfect. I stop in Monday after work to pick it up. It's not there, even though they said it would be and the tracking number said it was. Oh no, its at the OTHER local warehouse about 10 minutes from my house. So I drove 90 miles out of my way for nothing.

What a bunch of douchenozzles. And then Roush had the gall to charge me $55 in shipping for something that weighed less than 10 pounds. They also had to ship the order in 3 separate boxes when it all could have fit into the larger of the 3 with room to spare.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

at least Roush didn't charge you $300 to ship a Supercharger that only would have cost me $100 if they'd have used USPS. Been cheaper, and way faster

I hate UPS.