Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MyFord Touch (Sync on steroids)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 AM
eurocobra

I hope that MyTouch is also an option. I respect that it is an option for some and not for everyone. Just look at how the iphone revolutionized the smart phone industry. People line up to get the latest and greatest. As Ford engineeresd and developed their SYNC and MyFord touch they predicted and planned (prayed) it will have the same effect.

From what I can see there are many restrictions while driving. So it will not be necessary to have a pilot license which is a good thing although I do like to FLY LOW!!! Also I expect the platform to be expandable and the systems in the mustang, focus, Ford Edge, and the Lincoln models to slightly differ especially in the console area. For the Mustang I expect the instrumentation cluster to be more sporty and tradional rather than upscale luxurious.

I am an electronics technician (professionally) and I understand systems like MyFord Touch and how it is interfaced within vehicles. When a system fails, troubleshooting is quite simple. Maybe not for the new techs at smaller dealerships but there are a few easily accessable components (modules) to check/replace. There is no risk of system failure resulting in the car leaving you stranded. Its just a display system running seperate from the engine management system. It has seperate microprocessor module(s) or brain box with hard drive space that are supplied with a signal for some engine info such as the tachometer, fuel economy, etc. This engineered system willl be very reliable and maintenance free.

BRING IT ON. I need tech toys although I haven't bought an iphone yet. (I have mastered my Samsung Omnia i900 some time ago). A system like MyFord Touch in a car would never get old for me.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:14 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

As a software and techy guy I think it's awesome
Old 04-11-2010, 08:10 AM
ttiguy

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
"HAL... open the gas cap door. HAL?"

"I'm sorry Frank, I can't do that."

"F***!"
LOL

OP: I wouldn't count on this being in the stang till 2014-15 when the next gen Mustang comes out. This system would require a redesign of the IP on the current model and Ford just did that for '10 so I cant see them changing that any time soon.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:47 AM
eurocobra

Originally Posted by ttiguy
LOL

OP: I wouldn't count on this being in the stang till 2014-15 when the next gen Mustang comes out. This system would require a redesign of the IP on the current model and Ford just did that for '10 so I cant see them changing that any time soon.
I agree it may be to soon but these days you never know. They need as many sales as possible. And to make such a system work within the current mustang they can adapt or modify the existing console faster than we may think. Its the instrument cluster and steering wheel that will need the bigger makeover. This is welcome. I think they took the retro theme to far in this area.

If you hear rumors as to when it will be available please post up. It took just 2-3 years for SYNC to make it to the mustang in 2010. Until now I will enjoy my NAV system with SYNC.

I am also surprised that Ford did not implement the motor changes in 2010 with the new body style.