Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfect Mustang, just isn't possible. Support group thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:27 AM
SLVSTNG09
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation Perfect Mustang, just isn't possible. Support group thread.

Anyone with a daily driver Mustang can tell you that keeping a daily driver Mustang perfect is almost impossible. No matter how hard I try to keep the car perfect I find a scratch after taking it in for service, bumper scuff, rattle that cannot be tracked down, etc.

I love this car, but at the same time it drives me absolutely crazy. Like I said before when I take it in for service I will always find something afterwards: scuffed e brake, door seal scratch, etc. When I try to find a rattle because I don't want the dealer to do it I end up scratching a door panel.

Do small things like this drive anyone else crazy? The car is 99.8 percent perfect, but yet those .02 bug the living crap out of me!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 12:33 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

LOL dont feel bad im the same way.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:46 AM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

Even if you use the mustang as a sunday drive car, there is still the potential of scratches, scuffs, and chips. The way I look at it is cars are ment to be driven, and the more I drive it the more I get to fix it.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:03 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Miraculously, I never have problems with rattles. Know why? Because it's a f**king pony car. It's not a god damn Audi, Volkswagen, or BMW. Windows down on a warm day, stereo up, and exhaust, I can barely hear the car noises anyway. I can't even remember the last time I used the AC. I would never even CONSIDER sound deadening.

But yeah, about those few damages they are a little frustrating, even the ones you can barely see...I have a small paint chip in the DS fender due to an egg being hurled at her... and a small dent on the bumper from when I bought her, as well as a little scuff on the PS fender from someone opening their door on it. Also, I have a little bit of scuffing on the seats and the steering wheel spokes....drive me crazy, but I still love this car like no other. No car can stay perfect if you actually enjoy it.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:48 AM
kemo6972

Well Said!!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Reinforcements
1st Gear Member

i'm very protective of my car, but the damages it gets are very annoying. after a door ding, countless chips in the bumper/hood, and getting keyed, i'm about ready to give up

not to mention the interior problems. my backseat has ink stains in it (left some papers face down and forgot about them for a few weeks) and a friend of mine got gum stuck in the carpet. i got it out, but it pisses me off because to this day he denies that he did it, even though he was the only one to sit in that seat for about a month.

/rant
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Reinforcements
i'm very protective of my car, but the damages it gets are very annoying. after a door ding, countless chips in the bumper/hood, and getting keyed, i'm about ready to give up

not to mention the interior problems. my backseat has ink stains in it (left some papers face down and forgot about them for a few weeks) and a friend of mine got gum stuck in the carpet. i got it out, but it pisses me off because to this day he denies that he did it, even though he was the only one to sit in that seat for about a month.

/rant
OT...but, cheat commandos avatar FTMFW.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

That's the price you pay when you drive your car. It bothers me too, but there is no stopping it. I have a slight door ding on my passenger side rear fender, and of course all the dings in my front fascia, and now sadly my hood as well.

As for egging, keying, and door dings, that is completely unacceptable in my book. I would say that many, if not most, people don't understand how much time, money, or sweat we put into our cars. To some, it's another one of thousand mustangs in their area, to others they don't think that a mustang is anything special. I try to keep up with my car as much as I can anyways.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

mmm I gotta park mine under a tree. That about says it all lol.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:14 AM
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

I've owned over 50 cars and I can tell you from personal experience, they ALL have their little quirks and issues. You really have to learn to accept that or else you won't enjoy your car. A couple of years ago, I sold a Tundra that I bought brand new simply because it had a slight rattle in the dash board. In hindsight, I kinda regret that move. So now, when I hear a rattle I simply turn up the radio and keep driving.

Quick Reply: Perfect Mustang, just isn't possible. Support group thread.