Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which supercharger to choose

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Default which supercharger to choose

I've wanted to get a supercharger for quite some time now, and until recently I saw a thread on here about a Vortech V3 HO supercharger, putting out i think it was 491 rwhp. now to me that is ALOT of power it seems like. i looked at the website and it seems like they are decently priced, it looked like they were around $2500? if that isn't right then maybe i wasn't looking at the right section. In terms of all out performance is this the supercharger to get? or is kenne bell a step or so ahead. I dont plan on getting one soon, I'm getting a brenspeed tune and steeda intake in june, but just to know for the future. Also, i've seen videos of installing cai's and tunes and it doesn't seem to hard. Is installing a steeda cai much different then installing a bbk intake?

thanks
Old 04-18-2010, 11:10 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I don't know what you're looking at but the High Output kits are around $6,000 and those are 462hp at the crank not the wheels. The tuner kits are around $3,500 but they do not come with fuels system or a hand held tuner. For that kind of crank HP you should look into the Edelbrock E-Force kit it's priced right and easy to install does not require to install a new pump. If you're looking for high RWHP then the FRPP H.O. kit might be what you're looking for.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:12 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Well, if you're considering going F/I, just save your money and nix the CAI; you're just going to get rid of it when you bolt on the charger. There are all sorts of threads debating which flavor of supercharger is better for whom, what the pros and cons for each are, etc. A quick google search will surely bring up that information.

That $2,500 price tag you mentioned was most likely for what's known as a "tuner kit." This kit doesn't include any of the necessary fuel system upgrades, nor does it include a tuner. Those components, after installation, can easily cost another grand. After it's all said and done, it's most likely easier to just get something like this:

http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html
Old 04-18-2010, 11:22 PM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ejanderson05gt
Well, if you're considering going F/I, just save your money and nix the CAI; you're just going to get rid of it when you bolt on the charger. There are all sorts of threads debating which flavor of supercharger is better for whom, what the pros and cons for each are, etc. A quick google search will surely bring up that information.

That $2,500 price tag you mentioned was most likely for what's known as a "tuner kit." This kit doesn't include any of the necessary fuel system upgrades, nor does it include a tuner. Those components, after installation, can easily cost another grand. After it's all said and done, it's most likely easier to just get something like this:

http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html
ohh ok, that makes sense then. my bad about that. yeah that deal from brenspeed looks pretty cool, i'll definitely look into that. thanks for the help.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 AM
muzzy
1st Gear Member

Call JDM enginerring... or look them up on the web. (ask for jim jr) Save your money do it all at once. He can let you know what would be your biggest bang for the buck.
Thanx-Muzzy 04 S281SC Convertible #355
42#
JLT cold air
JDM SCT 93 oct tune
90mm maf
75mm TB
Ported and Polished SC by PSE
Mosaleen pulley sys
Gaterback belt
NGK tr6 @034
2.9 pulley
Chicane ss braded IC lines