Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my GT was wrecked

Old 04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
wmdspalmer
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car. Glad that you were not injured to bad. Good luck with the insurance. I have had good luck with our's (USAA) in the past so I hope that you do as well.

Will
Old 04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 2011CS
Repairs exotic cars?

It looks like a near stock Mustang, you know the 12-15k used ones?

The Ford dealer will do fine, if you have collision insurance coverage make sure you get your insurance involved as they are protecting themselves from future claims.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Not sure what your credentials are... but Pascal OWNS A REPAIR SHOP and has done some miracle work on several cars on this forum that were badly damaged. He deals with insurance companies on a daily basis. Oh, and he works on near stock Mustangs.... and the last time I was at his shop had an exotic in there that was being worked on...... I'm just sayin
Old 04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

OP, sorry to hear about your car. Glad your okay. Choose a sop wisely and your car will be good as new soon enough!!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Not sure what your credentials are... but Pascal OWNS A REPAIR SHOP and has done some miracle work on several cars on this forum that were badly damaged. He deals with insurance companies on a daily basis. Oh, and he works on near stock Mustangs.... and the last time I was at his shop had an exotic in there that was being worked on...... I'm just sayin
I mentioned exotic and restoration car shops because they have to be above average crafted to stay in business.
So it will be a piece of cake for them, to work on a stock Mustang.
And............ they can't charge more than was the estimate is written for.
Ignoranuses couldn't grasp this concept Wilki, lol.

I thought it was good infos for the OP, but he seems to be in good care anyway.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Pascal whats with all the hostility? I have plenty of experience with both dealership body shops and independents. Who do you think I've been screwed over more by? You guessed it, the independents who do not stand by their work. I'm going to pay you thousands of dollars for bodywork and I only get a two year warranty by you?, What a joke, and you have just proved my point. At least if I take it to a dealer near me, I get a life time warranty on the work and materials, plus the dealership has to also follow the scrutiny of the manufacturer, unlike you ,who has no over sight of your work, or materials used! So I ask, what do you offer? 2 years ? lol By the way Pascal my wife works for a Dealership, would you like their website to verify their warranties versus yours?

Last edited by DRAGUL; 04-20-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
Pascal whats with all the hostility? I have plenty of experience with both dealership body shops and independents. Who do you think I've been screwed over more by? You guessed it, the independents who do not stand by their work. I'm going to pay you thousands of dollars for bodywork and I only get a two year warranty by you?, What a joke, and you have just proved my point. At least if I take it to a dealer near me, I get a life time warranty on the work and materials, plus the dealership has to also follow the scrutiny of the manufacturer, unlike you ,who has no over sight of your work, or materials used! So I ask, what do you offer? 2 years ? lol By the way Pascal my wife works for a Dealership, would you like their website to verify their warranties versus yours?

I've yet to find a dealer to stand by anything. It's damn near a fist fight just to get them to honor your factory warranty most times. There's a reason they are called stealerships. If you've been screwed over by independents that much, you're just plain not doing any research before hand.

Obviously there are more bad independents, there's more independent garages than dealers. It's simple math. I'd say the fact that your wife works for a dealership says much about your bias on the issue. Just my 2 cents...

Anyways @OP sorry to hear that. Glad you're ok and getting it taken care of by family.

Last edited by MOOK3456; 04-20-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

Gentleman please, for every "stealership" there is 50 moron customers so lets play nice.

I'm just saying that I do have experience with both independant shops and dealerships and for a near stock mustang take it where its convienient and you know the place will be around in five years.

Yeesh it's not like its a crashed 69 Boss 429 car.

I'm just glad the guy is safe.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:12 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Oh, wow...that's terrible.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Dude, sorry about your car. Spinning at high speeds is not good, sounds like you were lucky too. I am sure your car will be up and running in top condition soon. Good luck.

patrick
Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car.

As far as how to handle it, I'd ask around for recommendations of shops in your area. Then, once you have several shops in mind, go talk to each and see which one stands out. This is what I did when I was doing my GT500 conversion on my GT.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my GT was wrecked