Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my GT was wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 PM
txstang17

Default my GT was wrecked

so saturday night i was driving down the highway at about 55mph when this driver in the left lane decided to come over and hitt my driver side of the car which caused me to do two 360s and was hitt again.. any advice on handling this with the guys insurance??

Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

Ouch man! Hope he at least got ticketed. I'd call my insurance and let them deal with it and ask their advice.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

His Insurance is gonna send an adjuster out to look at your car.
They might recommend their own "preferred" shop, which I advise you to ignore if you don't know where to take the car.

If you don't have a quality shop in mind, try a restoration shop familiar with Ford or a high end shop that repair exotic cars and such....

Avoid Insurance recommended shops and Ford dealers at all costs.

Good luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
txstang17

well heck i was sending it to a ford shop that my sisters fiance is the general manager of so hopefully it will be done right
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

hope you got all the insurance info and a police report! then you have your insurance deal with it, unless they have no insurance, then your going to have to go through yours and sue the guy. as far as shops for repair, to be honest find a dealer that is recommended, to be honest i trust the dealers doing repairs, more so then the other shops, at least they have to answer for their work, plus the warranties they stand behind and you know they'll be there ,more so then a regular shop. also as far as parts as long as the car is only a few years old ,you will get factory parts, if is not beware you will be getting used or after-market parts,(veng,keystone,ect. ) but the work will still be warrantied. also if you have any after-market goodies that were damaged, make sure you have the receipts, insurance will replace them. good luck!
Old 04-19-2010, 06:33 PM
2011CS
1st Gear Member

Repairs exotic cars?

It looks like a near stock Mustang, you know the 12-15k used ones?

The Ford dealer will do fine, if you have collision insurance coverage make sure you get your insurance involved as they are protecting themselves from future claims.

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:45 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by txstang17
well heck i was sending it to a ford shop that my sisters fiance is the general manager of so hopefully it will be done right
Then you should be OK. Make sure the other guy's insurance company gives you a rental car.
When my daughter was hit by another driver, we got all the information from the other driver then called our insurance company. They handled it from there. It could be different from state to state.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
hope you got all the insurance info and a police report! then you have your insurance deal with it, unless they have no insurance, then your going to have to go through yours and sue the guy. as far as shops for repair, to be honest find a dealer that is recommended, to be honest i trust the dealers doing repairs, more so then the other shops, at least they have to answer for their work, plus the warranties they stand behind and you know they'll be there ,more so then a regular shop. also as far as parts as long as the car is only a few years old ,you will get factory parts, if is not beware you will be getting used or after-market parts,(veng,keystone,ect. ) but the work will still be warrantied. also if you have any after-market goodies that were damaged, make sure you have the receipts, insurance will replace them. good luck!

How much experience do you have with dealers and body work?
My guess is: NONE.
Or probably that one time where you got miraculously lucky and you based that single experience on a consistency, lol.

OH, and lots of independent shops like mine, honor a 2 year warranty on body repairs.
Also, a dealer might be around for a while but not necessarily their collision repair facility.
Some dealers in Orlando subcontract their collision work. That's fugged up.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to see it txstang, glad you weren't hurt.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:24 PM
txstang17

ya my neck and back and head is sore but i will live. i already have most of the stuff taking care of and i got a rental i just want it to drive like new like when i first got it. im going to be real picky before i accept it back. just hope that the suspension or drivetrain is still ok

Quick Reply: my GT was wrecked