Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door scratched at costco

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:12 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

WOW wilkinda... you are the MAN... what a great story!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:18 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by iROK24/7
WOW wilkinda... you are the MAN... what a great story!
I tried to be polite about it. Once you set me off I tend to go off. This was over in MetroWest area of Orlando where people have some money. She seemed like a snobbish biotch

Last edited by wilkinda; 04-22-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I was actually sitting in my 1998 Mustang GT Conv. when a rather large woman pulled up next to me and opened the door on her Caddy and hit my car putting a nice ding in it. I calmly got out and asked her for her insurance info so I could get my car repaired for the damage she just inflicted. Her response was to tell me to kiss her ***, it was just a Mustang and that things like these happen... she then walked off. Considering I tried to be nice about this, I then decided to take my steel toe'd work-boot and return the favor to her door. I then left a note saying it's just a Caddy, things like this happen, deal with it and oh yea..KISS MY AZZ.
Hahaha thats great. I just honestly gave up it seems it doesn't matter where you park ****** are just naturally attracted to up kept cars so I just find a parking space where the people aren't parked on the stripe and center my car in my space and a hope moron doesn't mess it up.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I try to park where I am on an end...island, end spot or something similar so i can at least protect one side
Old 04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

I was parked at the bank and I just got back into my car when a white car parked next to me on my passenger side. This large woman driving the car opened her driver door and flung that door open as hard as she could. I just sat there and watched as this door flung open and luckily, just luckily, missed my fender as my car was just out of reach of her door or there would have been a nice gash in the front quarter panel. Even though nothing happened I was still pissed at that inconsiderate b**ch.

On an opposite note, I parked at a restaurant way for away from everyone and as I was ready to get out of my car a minivan parked next to me full of kids. The lady driving saw the expression on my face and knew instantly what I was thinking. She was like, "I'll be careful. My brother has one, too, and I know how he is about his Mustang." She was cool and no dings when I left.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

OP, earlier this year on one of our local cruises my car was dinged down to the metal on the crease along the driver's door. It actually dented the metal ever so slightly. It was a honest mistake by the member of our club. It was a windy day and the wind took the door. They let me know what was done ( I was not by the car) and offered to take care of any damages to be repaired I chose a VERY GOOD shop in my area and had it taken care of for under $400. I can not even show you exactly where it was now. It's not cheap, but it doesn't have to be super-duper expensive either. Just use a good shop
Old 04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

check www.meguiarsonline.com

There is a wealth of info there as well.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
TWOKOOL
2nd Gear Member

Happened to me about 10 years ago. I parked my 69' Camaro (I was on the dark side then) way at the end of the parking lot at Stone Mountain park, came back about 4 hours later and there was a 79' Gold Trans Am parked right next to me. I looked at my door, and sure enough, there was a nice little dent with a Gold spot right in the center. After careful inspection I determined it was him that did it, and I proceded to empty my bottle of Coppertone dark tanning oil with SPF15 into the driver and passenger side of his nicley restored T/A (velour interior).
lesson 1. Don't hit my damn car.
lesson 2. Don't hit my damn car, and leave your T-tops out.....Bast@#d
Old 04-22-2010, 12:22 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything is a door ding. My car still free of dings THANK GOD, because despite parking on the other end of the earth each time I park at a shopping center, I will come back and find some piece of S*#T parked next to my car. I like to take care of my stuff and I always have, I respect other peoples cars too so I make sure not to ding theirs either regardless of the condition of the other vehicle.

I too have put my boot into someones car door (Donkey Kick)
Don't mess with my car and all is good!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Blue GT Mustang
2nd Gear Member

My Mustang is never driven or parked where it could suffer damage at the hands of a careless idiot. While I realize accidents can happen I make sure my GT never gets parked at the mall, grocery store, favorite pub, theater, etc. I use my '96 T-Bird for my daily driver and although I am careful with it as well, if something happens I will not be as upset as I would be with my Mustang. Its the ones that throw their door open as hard and as fast as they can that really get me and its usually the ones driving an old beater.

Quick Reply: door scratched at costco