Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger tune question??

Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Kekoa

Default Supercharger tune question??

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be installing a vortech v3 non intercooled supercharger into my 07 mustang gt. I currently have FRPP Hot rod cams, delete plates, JBA Long tube headers, H-pipe and flowmaster. I also have steeda udp's installed. The car has been tuned by a local tuner on a mustang dyno here in seattle.

Well, here is the question. I live about 50 miles from the tuner and instead of towing the vehicle, do you think that it will be fine to drive it there? Of course, I know not to take the car into boost or drive like an idiot. Will this damage anything on the car. I do not have a A/F gauge hooked up or anything else just yet.

The vortech kit will have 60lb injectors and a Kenne Bell BAP. I will relocate the IAT Sensor to the mainfold and change to a colder spark plug.

Any suggestions???
Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I'm gonna move this down to the 2005 - 2011 section in hopes that you get more responses
Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

don't you have an tuner with a canned tune for the blower?? I don't think your car will even start or idle right, let alone be drivable without a canned tune.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

the 60 lb injectors will run so rich the plugs will probably foul right away. It would be best to tow it to the tuner lest you damage your cats.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 PM
red96v6
2nd Gear Member

Be safest to put it on a trailer and tow it...
Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Get a base startup tune, make sure the bov stays open to keep you out of boost.
Or, tow it.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Doesn't the Vortech kit come with a tune? You can drive to the dyno with that base tune.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kekoa
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be installing a vortech v3 non intercooled supercharger into my 07 mustang gt. I currently have FRPP Hot rod cams, delete plates, JBA Long tube headers, H-pipe and flowmaster. I also have steeda udp's installed. The car has been tuned by a local tuner on a mustang dyno here in seattle.

Well, here is the question. I live about 50 miles from the tuner and instead of towing the vehicle, do you think that it will be fine to drive it there? Of course, I know not to take the car into boost or drive like an idiot. Will this damage anything on the car. I do not have a A/F gauge hooked up or anything else just yet.

The vortech kit will have 60lb injectors and a Kenne Bell BAP. I will relocate the IAT Sensor to the mainfold and change to a colder spark plug.

Any suggestions???
If you already have a tuner lined up then I would speak with them about sending you a base tune file so you can atleast get the car there.

Has this tuner done S197s before? Or is he someone who's just been tuning on Mustangs for a while?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
don't you have an tuner with a canned tune for the blower?? I don't think your car will even start or idle right, let alone be drivable without a canned tune.
It sure shouldn't. I know my v6 with just my C&L CAI won't even run without a canned tune. Chokes itself right out. Don't ask me how I found this out....But I did lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

your tuner doesn't have a tune to get you to his shop? I'd try and get a startup map from him that'll at least get you there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharger tune question??