Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 v6 3k miles, weird squeaking noise? bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 05:28 PM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Default 2014 v6 3k miles, weird squeaking noise? bearing?

I've had my 2014 v6 manual since August now, got just over 3,000 miles on her.

As of lately, say the past month, I have noticed this weird squeaking noise. It is most prevalent on startup. If I just tap the throttle a little bit, as it winds back down the squeaking noise occurs, and whines for a few moments then disappears. It sounds like a bearing going out, but its a brand new car.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:01 PM
semantic
1st Gear Member

Nothing so far, but pretty sure I'd be straight to the dealer.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by iamzatch
I've had my 2014 v6 manual since August now, got just over 3,000 miles on her.

As of lately, say the past month, I have noticed this weird squeaking noise. It is most prevalent on startup. If I just tap the throttle a little bit, as it winds back down the squeaking noise occurs, and whines for a few moments then disappears. It sounds like a bearing going out, but its a brand new car.

Anyone else have similar issues?
Hi iamzatch,

I also agree with your bringing it in to your dealer. Also, let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 10-31-2014, 09:01 PM
4lexC

Hey I'm having the same issue. You ever get an update?
Old 11-03-2014, 07:40 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Same thing here! the car squeeks and squeels upon startup; It occurs during idle at around 750 rpm and 1050rpm. I'm at 19k miles. It sounds like its something in motion with the drive belt. Not sure what tho. Hope someone has an answer.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:02 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 4lexC
Hey I'm having the same issue. You ever get an update?
Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
Same thing here! the car squeeks and squeels upon startup; It occurs during idle at around 750 rpm and 1050rpm. I'm at 19k miles. It sounds like its something in motion with the drive belt. Not sure what tho. Hope someone has an answer.
Have you guys addressed this with your dealerships yet? If so, what were the findings?

Deysha
Old 11-17-2014, 09:19 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayBeStangs94
The problem happens for me on a cold start when the car is cold, I cant reproduce it for Ford because by the time I get the car to the dealer it is warm again and the noise goes away.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iamzatch
The problem happens for me on a cold start when the car is cold, I cant reproduce it for Ford because by the time I get the car to the dealer it is warm again and the noise goes away.
Well the good thing is you are taking the car in for a trans problem mentioned in another thread. If they have to rebuild the trans the car will be at the dealer for a few days and then should be able to reproduce the noise for them on a cold startup.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:25 AM
iamzatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Well the good thing is you are taking the car in for a trans problem mentioned in another thread. If they have to rebuild the trans the car will be at the dealer for a few days and then should be able to reproduce the noise for them on a cold startup.
Indeed, this is an old thread that got resurfaced. The noise is just due to a cold belt it goes away once I'm driving so I'm not worried about it much anymore.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:28 AM
mudhen463

I am also having this issue with my 2013 V6 6R80 auto with 9,100 miles.

Same sound as several youtube videos at the same 800 - 1100 RPM range only after it sits for 1-2 hours after previously being fully warmed up. Once the engine is fully warmed up again, the sound is gone.

I removed the serpentine belt and the issue remains so it can't be the serpentine belt, tensioner, water pump or alternator.

The noise is also present regardless if the A/C is on or off (different belt), in park, neutral or drive.

I have a warranty appointment for Saturday but from what I've read from other owners, my expectations are not high.

Deysha, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2014 v6 3k miles, weird squeaking noise? bearing?