Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advancetrac Sports Mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:35 AM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Boy, you know, I thought that post looked familiar, and about halfway through it, it dawned on me that that's what I typed! I was gonna be pissed 'til I saw the bottom lol. Haha I'm surprised it took me that long to figure it out.

Anyway yeah, you can't completely disable it unless you're stopped, have your foot on the brake, and hold the button down for 5+ seconds.

If you tap it once, you disable TC, and ESC stays fully on.

If you tap it twice, you put both TC and ESC in "sport mode", which relaxes its parameters quite a bit.

If you tap it three times, you're just playing with it.

Sorry for my daftness but, I thought this was only with track pack, not just with a premium, can you please clarrify this for me, I'd go try bit the wife has the stang this week while the Focus is in for repairs.

And thanks for your service, your gun is cool! (checked your link) Shot down any mortars lately?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

What is the recommended setting for drag strip launches? TC off and ESC on?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by def67
Sorry for my daftness but, I thought this was only with track pack, not just with a premium, can you please clarrify this for me, I'd go try bit the wife has the stang this week while the Focus is in for repairs.

And thanks for your service, your gun is cool! (checked your link) Shot down any mortars lately?
Honestly, I could not tell you about the '10s, as my experience is limited to what the '11 offers. I do believe you only get the advancetrak with the track pack. You can still tap once to disable TC and hold down to disable everything, but the two-tap method doesn't do anything without the track pack.

Thanks for your support. On the record, I can't give you details on any past engagements. Off the record, though...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:18 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
If you tap it three times, you're just playing with it.
LOL...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:47 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

AdvanceTrak definitely works on my 2010 Premium without the TP .... I never heard of the trick to hold it down for 5 seconds .... will have to see that that does.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

There is a difference between the premium and track pack Advancetrack Sport mode programming. But both have sport mode. For hole shot, drag style launches, I hold the button down for five seconds to turn all stability and traction control off.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:03 AM
AirForce_5.0

Is it true that you can only turn it off on the Premium 5.0? So I guess on the Base 5.0 you can't turn it off at all?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 AM
AirForce_5.0

If you can't turn it off... I wonder if later I could by the module or whatever it is that controls it on the Premium over to my Base....???

I'm talking to myself... ha
Old 12-26-2010, 11:44 AM
lundefinedl
1st Gear Member

Electronic assists have always annoyed me because it would suddenly change how a vehicle behaves. Can anybody explain to me what level of control a driver has when these systems engage in a hypothetical situation?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

It will vary, but typically when the stability control gets too nervous about what you're doing it will cut throttle (or at least not let you add any), and it may activate one or more of the brakes (choosing whichever ones will reduce what it senses to be excessive understeer or much of any oversteer).

Under some conditions, that feels to the driver like somebody shot the car full of Novocain - numb is the word that comes to mind from my one experience with the Subaru's stability control (which Consumer Reports had claimed was relatively slow to react). The car will most probably behave benignly and won't normally do anything stupid, but it does take a few of the choices away from you.

I don't like electronics trying to do my thinking for me either. It may be very good at following its programming, but it has zero ability to look down the road before choosing a course of action.

Norm

Quick Reply: Advancetrac Sports Mode